joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 'oh, who cares' 1st half of May boring ass pattern banter thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if they were quoting some other stat or whatever. But it was definitely not close. We've had warm Aprils recently.

The cold will come again though despite LL's "new climate norm" assertions that we only have above normal temps now. BOS has had 4 months tie or break their coldest months on record since 1989. Most recently June 2009 tying 1982 for coldest June on record at Logan airport. January 2004 was the coldest January on record and of course July 1992 and December 1989. Not as easy to get as the good ol' days of the 1960s/1970s, but they will come again.

Not to name names...but here is the tweet. I questioned it too when I saw it, didn't seem right. And I'm sure the cold will come, but what a nice stretch we're having in the mean time.

April 2013 in Boston will end up being coolest since 2001 ! far cry from just last April which ended up being 2nd warmest on record..Unreal

Not to name names...but here is the tweet. I questioned it too when I saw it, didn't seem right. And I'm sure the cold will come, but what a nice stretch we're having in the mean time.

Yeah def not right. 2007 was a little under 4F colder than this April.

I can't believe Amarillo hit 97 today, and will be in the 20s tomorrow with snow falling...

Looks like it'll be a historic May snowfall for parts of the Midwest.

No site in Iowa has recorded over 1/2" of snow in May since 1967... Twin Cities have never seen more than 3" of snow in May!

45 and rising quickly, absolutely gorgeous morning, the reverse physco babble anti dry trolling is now looking quite foolish.  Its a dust bowl, of course Moosup and the reservation are soaking wet.

day after day, after day, after day.

after day

45 and rising quickly, absolutely gorgeous morning, the reverse physco babble anti dry trolling is now looking quite foolish. Its a dust bowl, of course Moosup and the reservation are soaking wet.

day after day, after day, after day.

after day

You are delirious.

Anyone good with excel?  I have excel 2010 but I forget how to do this...

I entered a list of data in excel and I have calculated the average as well as the standard deviation.  Now I want to compare a single value to the SD in order to find out how many SD above/below that single is from the calculated SD...I don't remember how to do that. 

Archived