joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made me hungry just looking at it.  Wow.  Good stuff.  Temps were a bit different than last year it sounds.  FWIW, my garden is going to go in 7-10 days late. 

It's usually 90+ outside the first Saturday in May :lol:  It would be sweet if the rest of the summer was sprinkled with this pattern  ^_^

The more fully inclosed by the metal skin of a car you are the better the chance it will function as, at least a partial, Faraday cage.  Cars with fiberglass bodies, like the Corvette, not so much.

ahhh nice ok, I was thinking something slightly more ignorant along the lines of the roof might catch on fire or something :P

haha, ignore me, I'm drunk :D

...Which was exactly the point of my earlier remarks.  Ipso facto, I engaged in banter!!  Hooray, me!  Burns, you really liven this place up.  I wish others could find the fun and wit in most any post.

Maybe it's something that comes with age, because you, Tony, and Larry are some of the most laid-back enjoyable dudes to hang around with in here.  Not that the rest of you aren't cool too, but you guys just seem to enjoy life, and that's pretty awesome.  Take each day as it comes and try to find the joy in it.  Cheers!

With me and Burns it's old age....we believe, however foolishly that being pleasant gets you more nooky, lol.

You know Burns said one of the most important things I've seen said.  He said...hmmm...well, I'll have to paraphrase.  Being on the inner webs, or message boards requires social skills.  And to me, social skills are all about cornering.  Knowing when to put the pedal down, and when to back off.  And that requires being able to read the others in your group.  Takes time to learn.

As for Larry, I believe he is a young man, but he has skills...gained at midnight down to the crossroads, some say.  I mean look at his call.  From all the way before Christmas he was talking about a cold late winter and spring.  Well, this is the best spring I've seen in ages :)  The man has skills. I mean, my feet are cold....in May!!!  T

With me and Burns it's old age....we believe, however foolishly that being pleasant gets you more nooky, lol.

I won't know until I hit a nooky drought.  I just do what I've always done.  Smile, nod and lick my left eyebrow.

I could post tons of documents to prove the world has been warming or that co2 does cause warming. I honestly don't have the time or effort in me anymore. I posted some widely accepted facts the only opinion in there is that man has contributed to the warming. I'm not here to educate anyone or try to force my views on anyone. My opinion is just that an opinion, although there were mainly facts in there. If you so choose to follow up on my post by researching the claims i am saying are facts good for you if not i honestly don't care. I do find it funny your op was one complaining that you aren't capable of debating the other side because of name calling and attacks and you followed up my diplomatic post with a smart comment. I invite you to come to the climate forum for a real debate, I don't believe it's allowed in here. I don't visit often anymore but if you want to venture over I'd be glad to meet you there.

I was being smart? Please post what you thought was a smart comment. I'm curious.  

Come on. Rainstorm really? Impossible to be compared to.

lol bro!! Ummmm, impossible to be compared to the great Rainstorm? Really? Nobody could ever say that now. The great Rainstorm in 2006. The great metalman in 2012!!! And to think that there was even talk about metalman being banned just like Rainstorm. Just like the July 4th-5th Braves-Mets game (the one in which Rick Camp, one of the worst hitting pitchers in history, somehow hit a homerun in the bottom of the 18th on an 0 and 2 pitch with two outs to miraculously tie the game when there were no pinchhitters left) was certified by John Sterling (who was doing the play by play) as the wackiest, wildest, most improbable game in history, I am now certifying this quoted post of metalman's as the wackiest, wildest, most improbably wrong post in AmericanWx BB's SE forum's history!! And it was made in the very last thread started by the now banned Wilkes! (Of course, the odds of it being within a Wilkes thread were 99.9999999% based on Wilkes' thread starting frequency, but that is beside the point.) Truth definitely is WAY stranger than fiction lmao!

Folks, to remind you, the great Rainstorm won the 2006 EasternUSwx BB tropical wx fcast contest that I ran. Just a few short hours ago, the now great metalman was unofficially officially declared the winner of the AmericanWx BB's 2012 tropical wx fcast contest!! (It is very doubtful that an official official winner will ever be declared as the incredibly complex scoring rules make it nearly impossible to do the exact calc.). Unfreakinbelievable!! This was no easy contest to win as the rules were very complex and there were a friggin 45 contestants! OMG to the zillionth power:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/37473-november-2012-forecast-contest-tropics/?p=2280657

Folks, just a few hours ago, metalman was unofficially officially declared the winner of the AmericanWx BB's 2012 tropical wx fcast contest!! Unfreakinbelievable! This was no easy contest to win as the rules were very complex and there were a friggin 45 contestants! OMG to the zillionth power:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/37473-november-2012-forecast-contest-tropics/?p=2280657

LOL! I had no idea I did so well!!! Unofficially, of course. Heck, I don't even remember what my original numbers were... :lol:

I was being smart? Please post what you thought was a smart comment. I'm curious.

I am not responding anymore after this. It has been stated climate talk is not permitted here. You said ill hold my responce until I read the document you linked. I didn't link a document so I assume you werr being smart. I will see you in the climate forum for a debate or not but I will not respond here again.

I am not responding anymore after this. It has been stated climate talk is not permitted here. You said ill hold my responce until I read the document you linked. I didn't link a document so I assume you werr being smart. I will see you in the climate forum for a debate or not but I will not respond here again.

Trying to be the mediator here...

MariettaWx, I believe WNCwx was referring to the document that jburns linked to in his post:

Everyone read this, think twice about what you want say and then shut-up.

http://www.wmo.int/pages/mediacentre/press_releases/documents/WMO_1108_EN_web_000.pdf

He may have erroneously given you credit for posting it, but I didn't read his comment as a wisecrack.  I think there was just a communication error between the two of you.  Both of you have handled the topic quite professionally to this point.  I'll look forward to reading more about it in the climate forum.

lol bro!! Ummmm, impossible to be compared to the great Rainstorm? Really? Nobody could ever say that now. The great Rainstorm in 2006. The great metalman in 2012!!! And to think that there was even talk about metalman being banned just like Rainstorm. Just like the July 4th-5th Braves-Mets game (the one in which Rick Camp, one of the worst hitting pitchers in history, somehow hit a homerun in the bottom of the 18th on an 0 and 2 pitch with two outs to miraculously tie the game when there were no pinchhitters left) was certified by John Sterling (who was doing the play by play) as the wackiest, wildest, most improbable game in history, I am now certifying this quoted post of metalman's as the wackiest, wildest, most improbably wrong post in AmericanWx BB's SE forum's history!! And it was made in the very last thread started by the now banned Wilkes! (Of course, the odds of it being within a Wilkes thread were 99.9999999% based on Wilkes' thread starting frequency, but that is beside the point.) Truth definitely is WAY stranger than fiction lmao!

Folks, to remind you, the great Rainstorm won the 2006 EasternUSwx BB tropical wx fcast contest that I ran. Just a few short hours ago, the now great metalman was unofficially officially declared the winner of the AmericanWx BB's 2012 tropical wx fcast contest!! (It is very doubtful that an official official winner will ever be declared as the incredibly complex scoring rules make it nearly impossible to do the exact calc.). Unfreakinbelievable!! This was no easy contest to win as the rules were very complex and there were a friggin 45 contestants! OMG to the zillionth power:

Wow that's weird.

What a difference a year makes! The attached graphic (probably need to change the cylinder color... meh) is for Columbus, GA, but probably holds true for many on here. This is for the first 6 days of May only. The average high temperature last year was 88.6°, 7.5° above average. This year it is 69.5°, or 11.6° BELOW average! That's a difference of 19.1 degrees from year to year. Another number to look at is last year's average LOW temperature through the first 6 days. That number was 67.6°, or not much cooler than our average HIGHS have been this first week of May.

Seattle, WA hit 87° yesterday, breaking the old record, set in 1957, by 8 degrees! The crazy thing about this is that Columbus has YET to see 87° officially. That's right. Seattle has seen a warmer temperature this year than us in West Central Georgia, at least officially.

We have hit 85°+ 4 times this year, 3 of those were 86°, compared to 18! times by May 6th last year. The 80° mark has been topped 14 times this year. Compare that to the 36 times it was surpassed last year and it makes this year feel that much colder! We had topped the 90° mark last year 5 times by May 6th. It hasn't even been sniffed yet this "spring"!

post-1807-0-76277700-1367928773_thumb.pn

CMan....I believe it is at least possible that your finally getting to see hail, has allowed the ethers to reach a needed equilibrium, thus bringing about a return to the springs I enjoyed as a youth, when cold was colder, rain was rainier, and summers were not always a trip through Dante's Inferno :)  Let us hope it presages a return to the daily afternoon thunderstorm...which have apparently become extinct, but  may be planning a surprise return......... if we believe ......

And let me congratulate you and the Metal Man on you being on top of the hurricane contest, the rules of which no one can decipher!

Could you please use your inestimable talents and tell us when the first hurricane will appear this year?  My prediction is June 6th, in the Bahamas.   Tony

Archived