joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Pattern and Discussion

metalicwx366

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was literally just about to come and say that the long range GFS was very wet as soon as I checked it but you beat me to it.

Well, it needs to concentrate on the short range!!  I only had a half inch as of noon, and I doubt I have an inch yet as of 2:30, and the back end of the front already nearing the Ala line.  I'm disappointed so far, and would be surprised if the ULL rotating over head will out do the trains on the front for totals.  Sure the ground's wet, but I want to see cicadas doing the backstroke :) T

It's only 3pm and the rain is almost over here and this my forecast for tonight:

Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 43. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Is more rain supposed to develop ? Because the radar looks shows the rain ending very soon. Also, this is what FFC said this morning, which I don't understand since the heavier rain is already in the Atlanta area:

HEAVIER RAINS... CURRENTLY NOTED
OVER AL... WILL GRADUALLY PUSH INTO WEST GA BY THIS AFTERNOON...THEN
VERY SLOWLY SPREAD INTO THE ATLANTA METRO BY MIDNIGHT OR EARLY
SUNDAY MORNING.

It's only 3pm and the rain is almost over here and this my forecast for tonight:

Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 43. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Is more rain supposed to develop ? Because the radar looks shows the rain ending very soon. Also, this is what FFC said this morning, which I don't understand since the heavier rain is already in the Atlanta area:

HEAVIER RAINS... CURRENTLY NOTED

OVER AL... WILL GRADUALLY PUSH INTO WEST GA BY THIS AFTERNOON...THEN

VERY SLOWLY SPREAD INTO THE ATLANTA METRO BY MIDNIGHT OR EARLY

SUNDAY MORNING.

ULL  in MO/AR hasn't moved in here yet. That's the next round for Sun/Mon.

I don't think we'll be be getting as much in SW NC as they've been saying. The Bufkit Meteograms are showing 4" for BRA in North Georgia (7" if you believe the extreme forecast). 

plotter20130504BUFKITBRA_zpsc34bed45.png

and a little less for KAVL (Asheville)

plotter201320130504BUFKITKAVL_zpsd7c1f99

It will be interesting to see if the dire forecasts hold for this event. 

Check out the Euro at day 10 for the Midwest. Good lord.

yea, i saw that too. looks like its going to be nice and cold in the coming days! https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/status/330778729435525120/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=BigJoeBastardi&utm_content=330778729435525120

I saw a report of over three inches of rain has fallen thus far. 

I'll believe it when I see it. One french river somewhere in south-western NC flooding is not a big deal here.

us_radar_plus_usen.jpg

I can't believe you just said that. That has to be by far the worst thing you have done yet. To spit in the face of one of the best Mets we have is too much to put up with. Not to mention brushing off the possible loss of life and property along the French Broad River.... We all hope and pray you get banned for that one. Get off this site!!

Why don't y'all just put him on ignore? Easiest way around that.

You don't think there are people that already do?

The point is people shouldn't have to if he was contributing more worthwhile discussion, which appears to be a pipe dream at best.

What?  Are you looking for Mr. Hanky?

I'm up to 2.3 now, so I'm feeling a bit less worried about reaching the GFS totals, as the next batch is forming up out west, and there is standing water all round, but not like there'd be if I was getting 4 or 5 inches of rain from the front :)  Still my recent drought flashbacks have receded a bit, and a cool May is keeping the 90's away, so I'll take it.  T

You weren't supposed to exceed my totals lol.

I'd just ticked over 3 a while ago, when I checked and poured it out.  Ended up training very nicely as the western side moved in.  Some heavy, heavy rain.  So I've actually exceeded the last night's Meteostar predictions for thru Monday, but it sure didn't start that way.  Looks like not much time between rounds, so I emptied in case I can some how find another 2 inches.  T

Archived