• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Onward Into Summer 2013

Time for a new thread.

Some pretty solid rains across most of the area last night, and it looks like there will be another substantial rainfall tonight into tomorrow. With some warm weather and sun early next week, should really get things growing.

Looks like a coolish day in store in the State College area...UNV down to 48° on a NNE wind.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow to yesterday. We got more severe weather throughout the area from this low-end slight risk than we get in most moderate risk events!

It always seems as if the lower the % chance for PA on SPC the better the severe events we have

Harrisburg has now missed record highs by 1 degree both Tuesday (82 with record 83) and Wednesday (85 with record 86) and now a record high low by 1 degree this morning (56 when record is 57)

Time for a new thread.  

Some pretty solid rains across most of the area last night, and it looks like there will be another substantial rainfall tonight into tomorrow. With some warm weather and sun early next week, should really get things growing.

Looks like a coolish day in store in the State College area...UNV down to 48° on a NNE wind.

It's amazing how our lawn went from straight brown Monday am to green today. 

It's amazing how our lawn went from straight brown Monday am to green today. 

I will have to mow Friday or Saturday..

I'm going to go look and see how much rain we had last night, it was heavy, blowing sideways for awhile around 9ish. Earlier in the evening (7ish) i was out working in the garden, my neighbor walked over and said you better keep an eye along the mountain. it was black. Everything stayed North though for that line.

I will have to mow Friday or Saturday..

I'm going to go look and see how much rain we had last night, it was heavy, blowing sideways for awhile around 9ish. Earlier in the evening (7ish) i was out working in the garden, my neighbor walked over and said you better keep an eye along the mountain. it was black. Everything stayed North though for that line.

I had .06" for that storm just after 9

Dang it 1 to 2 inches of rain after the deluge last night should push all the trout downstream...just about horrible timing for first day of trout!

I never go on Amateur Hour. I take the Monday after first day and go then. Just as many trout, hardly any people. 

BTW people who try to teach their kids how to fish on first freaking day of trout season should have their license revoked...man I used to hate that. How dumb. Take the damn kid to a non-approved trout waters lake and have the kid go after sunnies and catfish. 

LOL...yeah it inches east and when it gets here it puts it in overdrive to get through.

Back edge of rain already approaching here. Im guessing it's over by 9am.

We did pretty well here. All rain gauges on Wondermap are around .5 in the State College area. I got 1.33 from the last rain event. Looking at the upcoming pattern I'd say the dry pattern is toast. 

I'm quite happy to see the rain.  It will cool off the trout streams, clean the air and get our gardens started.

Yep. I was pretty happy to see my first outdoor seeds had germinated, the gardencress. I was really worried that ridiculously heavy rain we got Wednesday night had swept all the seeds away. 

From Paul Pastelok's long range blog on AccuWx Pro...ugh: 

The GFS operational over the past few runs has shown an upper trough stalling over the Northeast and mid-Atlantic near the end of the month. This could be a cool and possibly unsettled period as April comes to an end. So after a pattern with cold fronts and a northwest flow bringing chilly air down from time to time, now we could be looking at slow-moving upper lows continuing the cool pattern into May.

Archived