• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mountain West Discussion

Chinook

My wife came home from the DTC on 225 about two hours ago.

She drove through a lot of standing water on 225, and saw 3 accidents in real-time.

She said the other side of 225 was completely shut down, and she saw snow plows tumbling abandoned cars through the rapid that was 225.

She said the cars were tumbling...crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is indeed pouring again in Boulder and has been for about an hour. Could get ugly if it lasts a while.

Yes, it is. I tried heading that way on Highway 93 about 90 minutes ago and it just started dumping, water started washing across the road in several spots and eventually I had to turn around.

FLASH FLOOD STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DENVER CO

514 PM MDT THU SEP 12 2013

COC013-059-130130-

/O.CON.KBOU.FF.W.0058.000000T0000Z-130913T0130Z/

/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

JEFFERSON CO-BOULDER CO-

514 PM MDT THU SEP 12 2013

...THE FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM MDT FOR

NORTHWESTERN JEFFERSON AND BOULDER COUNTIES...

AT 507 PM MDT...DOPPLER RADAR AND AUTOMATED RAIN GAUGES INDICATED

THAT HEAVY RAIN WAS FALLING OVER THE AREA. BETWEEN 1 AND 2 INCHES OF

RAIN HAS FALLEN IN THE LAST COUPLE HOURS...WITH AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 2

INCHES EXPECTED AS A BAND OF VERY HEAVY RAIN PUSHES VERY SLOWLY WEST

FROM THE LYONS...BOULDER...AND ROCKY FLATS AREA BACK INTO THE

FOOTHILLS.  THIS WILL FALL ON TOP OF THE 5 TO 11 INCHES OF RAIN THAT

ALREADY HAS FALLEN IN THIS AREA.

My wife came home from the DTC on 225 about two hours ago.

She drove through a lot of standing water on 225, and saw 3 accidents in real-time.

She said the other side of 225 was completely shut down, and she saw snow plows tumbling abandoned cars through the rapid that was 225.

She said the cars were tumbling...crazy.

RAZR  2

Guess it got better fast, as I came home on 225 about 5:40 and went 55 MPH the entire way Colfax to DTC! Fastest weekday commute I've had in months. Really.

But the flashing on our chimney is leaking because the wind is driving the rain from the E. Yuck.

We have a decent shot at breaking last nights record streamflow measurement on Boulder Creek in downtown Boulder.

attachicon.gifbocc2_hg.png

Do you know if last night was a record for the date, month or an all time record?  In any case, still pretty impressive and dangerous.

Just talking to a friend telling me that Table Mesa Dr is even worse tonight than it was last night.  That rain over the foothills better stop soon, but it doesn't look like it intends to :yikes:

Downtown Boulder now being evacuated and it sounds like there's a mudslide headed down the canyon. Scary stuff.

PLEASE RT! Mandatory Evacuations: Mouth Boulder Canyon E to Broadway b/t Marine and Pearl St. urged to evacuate NOW.

Large wall of water, vehicles, debris coming down Emerson Gulch (4mile Canyon burn area). Go to higher ground! #boulderflood

Quick Google Earth Map: The area of Boulder that is under evacuation notice. #boulderflood pic.twitter.com/BcZdHYpfnM

BUBJ838CEAA26CD.jpg

I heard that I-25 is closed between Highway 7 and Fort Collins. Where are they sending the traffic? Can anybody get north to south?

Its closed all the way up to the WY line. Not sure if 85 through Greeley is an option or not. Seeing lots of flooding pics from there too.

Thanks- awesome! (the map not the situation)

Havana, Peoria, and Parker are major commuter routes, often good alternatives to the construction on 225. Mornings and evenings goin' to be slow for awhile... :axe:

0603 AM     HEAVY RAIN       3 ENE FORT COLLINS      40.58N 105.02W  09/13/2013  M4.09 INCH       LARIMER            CO   TRAINED SPOTTER  

Not sure if this is indicating storm total or not.

CSU Weather Station got 3.70" since Monday

CoCoRAHS, middle of Fort Collins 0.88+0.40+2.30+0.81=4.39" (Since Monday)

Archived