Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Spring 2013 Thread

klw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm furious LCI enjoyed enough wind to have a low of 70, while I dropped to a brisk 67.6

At least it stayed 70 IMBY until 2:01am.

Hopefully everyone got some pics of the warm lows.

There's a chance their low is at midnight...or if you guys get a storm.

"You dont need A/C in Vermont."

Bull.

I'd like those 4 fitful hours of sweaty sleep back please.

K....

it's a swamp in BTV right now.

I spent the night at a friends in the Champlain Valley after a party to watch the Bruins (Go Bs) and even though BTV stayed up near 70F most of the night, I thought it was quite comfortable. The difference is immediate Burlington just does not drop temp quickly. Where I was I outside the city in a field in the countryside of Charlotte seemed nice.

Still nice with a stuff breeze out in the open country...sure it's a different world just a few miles away in BTV.

Yesterday I participated in a memorial firemans muster in Haverhill, NH, great event and well worth the several gallons of water I sweated out.  I think I drank about 2 gallons of water and gatorade.  Thankfully not all of  the events were in full turn out gear :).  

Looks like we got down to 63F earlier this morning.

I love these days with strong S winds with full sun and heat. Even with dews in the MU60s it doesn't feel too bad out. The first clouds are beginning to pop in the N and W skies. Looks like most of NNE is under the severe watch until 8p tonight.

I am thinking the CPV may not see much of the severe today with the pre-frontal trough already approaching (unless later storms develop along the front itself). I would say east of a line from Montpelier to Rutland stand a better chance. CAPE is higher out there as well by a good margin.

I am thinking the CPV may not see much of the severe today with the pre-frontal trough already approaching (unless later storms develop along the front itself). I would say east of a line from Montpelier to Rutland stand a better chance. CAPE is higher out there as well by a good margin.

That was a great call ;)  Damn near nailed it.  We've had consistent thunder in Stowe for the last 30 minutes but are just too far north.  -RN and VCTS to the south.

June2.gif

Yes, good call, though judging by radar, the heavier stuf has gone north and south of me. Have had some gusty winds and sustained thunder.

Yes, good call, though judging by radar, the heavier stuf has gone north and south of me. Have had some gusty winds and sustained thunder.

Thank you and I actually attempted a mini chase to Waterbury/Montpelier and saw some 30-40 gusts and a few pings of small hail. It looked like it was a bit worse to the south but I guess we will know if some reports come in.  We will see if we can get any new storms ahead of the front itself tonight but it will take some time for the atmosphere to recover (if it does at all in time).

It has been so wet lately... the same areas that picked up 6-10 inches of rainfall in May (most of it in the second half of the month) got hit with another 0.5-1.0" last night and then more rain today to start June off on a wet note. 

Luckily the heaviest rainfall today has seemed to be central VT which didn't get much of anything last night.  We picked up another 0.65" in Stowe last night (and another 0.2" so far today) but again the communities from like BTV to Mansfield and just north of Smugglers Notch picked up 1-1.5" overnight.

Drove from Burlington to peacham earlier. Saw at least 50 trees down on/near route 2. Marshfield was a hot mess. Multiple power lines down, lots of car and structure damage. Also, I hear North Danville is in tough shape as well. Power out in peacham. Just a few minor twigs and trees down at my place, lucked out this time.

Archived