Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Spring 2013 Thread

klw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't stay long. Hopefully my daily Mrs. Turkey returns after the scare from "Slater" the cat.

We've had a steady -Ra all night, but only 1 tip of the bucket. I may have to go outside in the morning and see if there's a spider web or bird poop plugging the cone. In the past I'd have gone out with a flashlight to inspect, but I know better than that now. I think the opossum has been out there most of the night.

Nice overnight rain, with a short dense shower just before I left for work, 0.49" in the gauge and probably another 5-10 cents after, bringing the May total to almost 2.4", about 90% of my avg for May 1-20.  Garden was fairly dry when I tilled it last Saturday, should be just about right for planting cold wx crops this coming weekend, more sensitive plants a week later.

Well, that's a hell of a way to wake up. 

All over now but that was some loud thunder accompanied by a downright downpour....

First t-storm of the season!

That was certainly some of the heaviest rain I have heard in awhile, even if only lasted for 5 minutes :).  We had the rumbles here too, but off a bit.

I was up and dressing to go for a run when the storm hit this morning.  It wasn't bad but it was enough to keep me at home.  

Looking at the dew point in St. J, I wonder if a warm front came through. :o

The line of storms is still trucking as it comes through Vermont. I think it should reach me around 9:30. It looks like Allenson should be in for a dumping as there is a E-W line of storms down his way.

The line of storms is still trucking as it comes through Vermont. I think it should reach me around 9:30. It looks like Allenson should be in for a dumping as there is a E-W line of storms down his way.

A lot of heavy rain, some gusts to 40 mph, and intermittent lightning here in the Winooski Valley.

We have had consistent rumbles for last hour or so with the cells ahead of the main line. Looks like some brighter flashes to the west with that line approaching but certainly not very frequent.

I am hoping we don't lose satellite with 3rd period about to start!!!

I posted a few pics in the severe thread but I will post here as well. I caught these just before dark as the squall line crossed Lake Champlain. I shot these from the BTV waterfront:

Those are great eyewall, you should send one in to Capture My Vermont.  They’ve got a lot of great landscape images there, but that scene is pretty unique.

Had 1.47" more precip thru 7 AM, month now at 4.11" which is 99% of full month avg. Some heavy rain yest morn and last night, but I'm still thunder-free for the year. High yest was 58, at 9:01 PM; afternoon temps were 50-52. Very happy that I've planted nothing in the garden yet. 06 gfs wet (3"+) for the coming week, but has some low 80s for June 1-3, which would be very nice.

We had 40-50 mph gusts with last night's line. Looks like SPC has this area in a 15% slight (although not very far from the 30% region) primarily for damaging winds. Hopefully some good storm structures will present themselves later.

Archived