Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Spring 2013 Thread

klw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hit 81.2F.  How did I do that at my higher elevation?   

Last year I had a huge house project where we had to lift our house, move it 25 feet and build a new foundation.  Landscaping is about to begin with over 1 acre of loam and hydroseeding to start next week ( over $10,000).   So I have to watch the weather carefully the next 2 weeks.  I don't have enough water to keep that much hydroseeding moist so I need natural rain  (but no downpours since I have lots of steep slopes).  Glad the landscapers didn't start 2 weeks ago as this dry spell would have killed me.   Will be interesting to watch the pattern until the new lawns become established, glad it is becoming wetter!

My allergies are killing me. It's nice to see the temperature plummet after sunset....glad humidity hasn't been a factor in the recent heat. Can you imagine this pattern in July? Looking forward to the chance of some rain and cooler temps over the next week. I'm ready for winter already...lol!

It looks like there is a small wildfire just to my east right before you get to the mountains. I can see the smoke. It would be just southwest of Mansfield by a few miles.

I saw a couple facebook posts yesterday regarding a fire at the Ethan Allen military site in Jerhico , west of Mansfield....and potentially another prescribed burn in the area. The army guys are always firing things and blowing stuff up in Jerhico and they've had some big fires in the past. They don't seem to care if its dry or not. I've got photos looking at one of their fires from the ski area and we actually called it in as it looked like most of Underhill/Jerhico was on fire lol. That was during a red flag day last March.

Thank you. It would be awesome to catch a few May flakes at Bolton if that were to occur :)

That's the beauty of Bolton Valley....in about 20-25 minutes from downtown Burlington you can be as high as 2400ft on the Spine. Makes for great snow chasing without having to hike for it. I have several friends who live up there and I have been close to moving up there a few times. Lots of apartments and condos for rent for such a small area. My friends are the ones driving around with like 10" of snow on their cars in like early October when everyone below 2000ft saw pouring rain. But I think if you live for a year or two at over 2000ft on the Spine, living anywhere else would be boring weatherwise.

That's the beauty of Bolton Valley....in about 20-25 minutes from downtown Burlington you can be as high as 2400ft on the Spine. Makes for great snow chasing without having to hike for it. I have several friends who live up there and I have been close to moving up there a few times. Lots of apartments and condos for rent for such a small area. My friends are the ones driving around with like 10" of snow on their cars in like early October when everyone below 2000ft saw pouring rain. But I think if you live for a year or two at over 2000ft on the Spine, living anywhere else would be boring weatherwise.

Very true it is the best of both worlds being in this area. I also enjoy high wind events so this is a decent spot for that as well.

Do you know if a snowmobile trail goes through there?  It looks like a place a friend of mine referred to as "flagpole".

Sure does and Flagpole Hill is right next to where I was.  It's a nice area back in there--high up, deep snows, long views, lots of trails and old roads to wander, ski, snowmobile....  It's real close to my place--three miles maybe.

Good eye, dude.  :pimp:

I hit 81.2F.  How did I do that at my higher elevation?   

Last year I had a huge house project where we had to lift our house, move it 25 feet and build a new foundation.  Landscaping is about to begin with over 1 acre of loam and hydroseeding to start next week ( over $10,000).   So I have to watch the weather carefully the next 2 weeks.  I don't have enough water to keep that much hydroseeding moist so I need natural rain  (but no downpours since I have lots of steep slopes).  Glad the landscapers didn't start 2 weeks ago as this dry spell would have killed me.   Will be interesting to watch the pattern until the new lawns become established, glad it is becoming wetter!

same here. been trying to water every day but hard to keep up. we do have some grass poking through but some rain would really help.

0.22" rain thus far...better than nothing and more to come. Min so far is the current 56F.

2nd straight night with a bear last night. This time I only had 1 suet cage out. I guess it's time to take the feeders down unless I want to install one of those Wisconsin bird-only feeder masts.

Rain!  The 0.31" in the gauge ths morning is far from sufficient but still about 3X what I'd expected.  Yesterday's 77/43 was the first diurnal range of less than 35F since 4/25, though today's range looks to be less than 20, given that it apparently stayed 50 or milder overnight.

Fed blackflies for the 1st time this year, yesterday in the Mahoosucs area; also fed the carnivorous blackberry bushes, which extracted a lot more blood than did the bugs.

Hoping the precip hole over me all winter isn't continuing, only .10 so far! Did see some nice clouds off to the east this evening.

With such limited instability and light flow, precip has been pretty tied to the terrain, as is common with situations like this.

Hoping the precip hole over me all winter isn't continuing, only .10 so far! Did see some nice clouds off to the east this evening.

It poured in Hanover yesterday for a while.  Didn't do much up at my place, unfortunately.

We should pick up a fair bit tonight/tomorrow though....

Archived