Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Spring 2013 Thread

klw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting how the heat came in over the top...only mid to upper 60s down here near NYC.

And that should be the theme for thenext week or so too....

Min so far is 41.5 here. Looks like another near 70 on tap today before we mild down into the 60s tomorrow with that BDF and associated retrograding ULL.

It was definitely pipping right along out there yesterday--topped out at 73 here and yeah, probably pushing 80 down in Hanover.  I don't think it quite made it but it was close.

I know there's discussion in some other threads but I'm firmly in the "rain, please" camp.  We really could use some soon and unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any.

Just noticed the first black flies of the season in my 'hood tonight.

Yay.

they were brutal when i was doing yard work late afternoon. bug spray helped, but they were still flying around my head. can't stand those little bastards.

lots in Maine

Highest for Maine towns listed by GYX/CAR was 79 at IZG.  However, the BGR/MLT/Dover-Foxcroft area may have spots that topped that.  Car thermo read 79 at 5 PM in Dexter.  Had 75/29 IMBY, and BML made a 50F swing, 79/29.  Very light frost this morning, frozen on the tan pickup but just dew on the dark blue Subaru next to it.

76F yesterday, but already 76F today. Amazing differences from a week ago in the green up!

First 80 today?

I don't know if its my imagination but fall and spring are shorter up here than further south.  Green up is faster and in the fall the colors turn faster and leaves fall off faster too.  Probably the difference from E Mass is that we are further inland and the ocean effects so much of the climate in the Boston area.  Anyway clouds coming in now and front to follow so my temp seems to be holding at 75-76F

I've been too busy to pay any attention to the weather, so this backdoor front was unexpected and upsetting.  Wind just gusted out of the east and now the temp is rapidly dropping.  78.1 was the high, now 63.

Yeah...once it comes in it's pretty abrupt.

Made it to 80F here!

With no frost expected for the next week and the lake temp at 54, I'd say this area is probably safe until late October.

Last frost dates for my station:

2006: 4/29

2007: 4/26

2008: 5/1

2009: 4/20

2010: 5/11

2011: 4/22

2012: 4/29

2013: 4/22

I assume you mean last freeze (32F) right?

Here's mine...

2007: 5/7

2008: 5/2

2009: 5/19

2010: 5/11

2011: 4/22

2012: 4/29

2013: 4/27 so far

Still a little early for here. MOS has 32F for CON Sun morning. Beyond that the EC ens look pretty cold toward mid May. I wouldn't rule out a shot for a freeze for CON and here yet.

Beyond awesome. 83F today in the BTV.

I'm out of the country for a while (eastern Europe) but it looks darn near perfect at home right now.

I see the past two days at MVL have been 79/38 and yesterday was 82/39 for high/low...hard to beat that dry warmth this time of year. Outside of snow season I don't mind the warmth at all as long as its dry...hate humidity but when daily temp swings are in excess of 40 degrees from morning to afternoon, you know its s dry airmass. That's the type of stuff they see in the Colorado mountain valleys all summer long.

I'm out of the country for a while (eastern Europe) but it looks darn near perfect at home right now.

I see the past two days at MVL have been 79/38 and yesterday was 82/39 for high/low...hard to beat that dry warmth this time of year. Outside of snow season I don't mind the warmth at all as long as its dry...hate humidity but when daily temp swings are in excess of 40 degrees from morning to afternoon, you know its s dry airmass. That's the type of stuff they see in the Colorado mountain valleys all summer long.

Yeah when I was out there it wss like 75 during the day and 30-35 at night.

Not sure if people fish, but heard bass are going nuts.

Still a bit early for bass here, but I'm hoping to try North Pond (Belgrades) a week from tomorrow to see if I can hit a pike feeding frenzy.

Yesterdays' 67/32 broke two 6-day strings - lows in 20s and diurnal ranges 40+.  Back to upper 20s this morning, but I think the high will stop at mid 60s.  Actually had some rain yesterday, about 15 drops.  Models keeping retreating with any prospect of significant qpf.

Don't have the home base info here at work, but latest 32-or-below probably averages around 5/25. It's ranged from early May to June 13 at my little frost pocket.

Archived