• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - second half of March 2013

WOW..no fun indeed Jamie...lots of rain on the way too looks like a firehose of precip. right out of the gulf. Little creek by my house is at full song! Can't wait for storm reports out of that band, guarantee it did some damage.

Check this out: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201078126183855&set=o.202338219817273&type=1&theater

That's near you, right?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is quite a kickoff to warm season weather.

64 mph - I totally buy that. There's 1500 without power in Centre right now. Going to be interesting to see the damage reports. That was quite an intense storm.

That's crazy--I didn't think the winds seemed that high.  Power was flickering though.  Enjoying the much needed rain tonight, regardless!

That's crazy--I didn't think the winds seemed that high.  Power was flickering though.  Enjoying the much needed rain tonight, regardless!

The best velocities appeared to be north of town, especially in that corridor between downtown State College and Bellefonte. So that could def explain the NWS office up in Innovation Park getting that high wind gust. 

This is quite a kickoff to warm season weather.

64 mph - I totally buy that. There's 1500 without power in Centre right now. Going to be interesting to see the damage reports. That was quite an intense storm.

Yea i'll say, we went from winter weather to heat wave and legitimate severe weather in about 7-10 days. This def was an impressive line that moved through.. kinda reminded me of the memorial day weekend MCS that ripped through last year. That line segment that rapidly moved through State College and points southeast was pretty well hooked up with the flow.. i'd imagine there are gonna be alot of damage reports.  

Couple of friends on social media who live right in town (College Heights) were a little freaked out. But, could have been localized.

The best velocities appeared to be north of town, especially in that corridor between downtown State College and Bellefonte. So that could def explain the NWS office up in Innovation Park getting that high wind gust. 

Interesting read: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0433.html

64 out now. Think we could push 85. Got up to 82 yesterday.

85 will be tough. Things will have to line up exactly to get up that high. Extrapolating 850 temps with full mixing via the NAM gives roughly 88 degrees. I don't think we'll see full mixing due the cloudiness (more than yesterday), but if the clouds take longer in getting here then I could see low-mid 80's. The record high for today at KMDT is 86.

Also, watching that risk for severe wx...NSSL WRF model is nuts looking for us:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

MDT's recorded high was 85.

If WGAL ever needs a fill-in weather guy, gimme a call.

;)

Archived