Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - second half of March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow might be trying to re-develop off to the west over Indiana County-I'm fairly confident that even if people dry out for a time that more is on the way.

The stuff in SW PA looks like it might clip Altoona. Also the snow I think you were mentioning is moving east through Clearfield county. Pretty weak there, but it's better than nothing lol.

Snow might be trying to re-develop off to the west over Indiana County-I'm fairly confident that even if people dry out for a time that more is on the way.

Just flurries at the moment...got about 3" of snow so far. I do see some more precip trying to build up from the southwest a bit and it looks like it'll be restarting snowfall here. Damage is already done though, it's a mess out. Just got a text notification about a road closure. Jamie probably knows where it is, route 350 from Bald Eagle up the mountain toward Philipsburg. 

All snow here now.

quite a difference from city to Enola... roads just wet in and around city then have an inch here on deck at house with road/driveway covered... so much for my thoughts on this one lol... very granular flakes... not quite sleet just poorly formed snowflakes

quite a difference from city to Enola... roads just wet in and around city then have an inch here on deck at house with road/driveway covered... so much for my thoughts on this one lol... very granular flakes... not quite sleet just poorly formed snowflakes

That's changed - Locust St is nearly completely covered now. Heavy stuff. All alleys are covered solid.

Mag what do you think caused the models to give us near an inch of precip? We will likely end up with .15 to .2 melted was there a late trend?

Well it's a bit early to be making any speculations as to how much precip we'll end up with. Precip is rebuilding from the west and southwest so don't expect any kind of cut and dry end to the precip very soon. 

Over an inch in Camp Hill. Roads covered and bad. Looks like an interesting rush hour

Since you Sus Valley guys seem to be getting this heavy snowfall, definitely watch out.. it's going to be a high impact event on roadways. 

Well it's a bit early to be making any speculations as to how much precip we'll end up with. Precip is rebuilding from the west and southwest so don't expect any kind of cut and dry end to the precip very soon. 

Since you Sus Valley guys seem to be getting this heavy snowfall, definitely watch out.. it's going to be a high impact event on roadways. 

And the worst possible time for it too. Beginning of rush hour

Archived