Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the 15-16th event for down here, GGEM and EURO like probably 3-5" here verbatim, good news it comes as night and temps are cold, should be all accumulating snow. I don't think we are  done for winter even down here, the long range looks amazing, and today was the perfect example that it can snow in march.

-skisheep

Honestly, I think I'm done getting involved with winter threats. I might even turn into LL. ...is there some sort of operation for that?

I feel like Charlie brown on halloween. I got a rock. Time and time again, from orh to mt tolland to no ri jackpots.

Regardless of what you may hear from pete, gc did not jackpot in any storm.

Has there ever been a time where other locations in have received so much more than climo, where gc got the shaft?

Honestly, I think I'm done getting involved with winter threats. I might even turn into LL. ...is there some sort of operation for that?

I feel like Charlie brown on halloween. I got a rock. Time and time again, from orh to mt tolland to no ri jackpots.

Has there ever been a time where other locations in have received so much more than climo, where gc got the shaft?

lol.  I usually takes Pete's "jackpots" and compare them to what I'm seeing when i go out to Savoy SF. Although in fairness he is in an ideal location. Like the ORH of W MA.

I'm sure there have been plenty of times GC has been way behind the CP of MA.  Maybe RadarMan knows better?

You think we've had it bad?  E upstate NY and S VT have been snowholes for several years now.  My friend up at Mt SNow says it's been brutal with like 3 of the past 5 winters coming in under climo for C and S VT.  We need a good ole' SWFE winter next year with coastals thrown in for good measure.

From NWS in Taunton: 

WED AND BEYOND...HIGH LATITUDE BLOCK PATTERN REINSERTS ITSELF. THIS WILL TRANSLATE TOA SUPPRESSED POLAR JET/MOVING EQUATORWARD RESULTING IN COOLER THANNORMAL TEMPS ACROSS SNE MID TO LATE NEXT WEEK AND BEY0ND. THIS ALSOSUPPORTS THE POTENTIAL FOR MORE WINTRY WEATHER GIVEN THE STORM TRACKWILL BE NEAR OR JUST SOUTH OF NEW ENGLAND. THE WILD CARD WILL BETHE AMPLITUDE OF THE PATTERN. TELECONNECTIONS SUPPORT APOTENTIALLY ACTIVE WEATHER PATTERN WITH AO AND NAO REMAININGNEGATIVE COMBINED WITH PNA POSSIBLY UNDER GOING A PHASE CHANGEFROM NEG TO POSITIVE. STAY TUNED!

The pattern looks extremely active.

And stop using the GFS..The gov't has admitted it is broken

THIS ALSOSUPPORTS THE POTENTIAL FOR MORE WINTRY WEATHER GIVEN THE STORM TRACKWILL BE NEAR OR JUST SOUTH OF NEW ENGLAND. THE WILD CARD WILL BETHE AMPLITUDE OF THE PATTERN. TELECONNECTIONS SUPPORT APOTENTIALLY ACTIVE WEATHER PATTERN WITH AO AND NAO REMAININGNEGATIVE COMBINED WITH PNA POSSIBLY UNDER GOING A PHASE CHANGEFROM NEG TO POSITIVE.

Hopefully this is the right thread to post this in.  Don't even know where to post anymore...

Anyways, yes, next weekend timeframe looks pretty decent for storm potential but talking about after that.  Both the GFS/Euro hint at some sort of storm possibility.

I think Pete did Ok 

Thank god...

I live well south of you all, and I don't even think we're done here in the NYC suburbs. From the Ides of March to the Equinox has been a ripe time for late-season winter snowfalls down here...

I was down there for march 1956, 1957, 1958 during that time frame. Others later but those were noteworthy.

With so many great end of March analogs showing up do we have a chance at a trifecta? Discuss upcoming threats on the 15th 16th and 20th 21st

It appears so, Steve - 

The NAO just doesn't really want to correct upward in the mid to extended range teleconnector progs, and with the wave lengths shortening, we gotta watch deep bowling balls ending up underneath the east Canadian block.  

Could be balmy afternoons like this one and snow threats a week later - 

Archived