• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

Some heavy squalls coming through with a barrage of visibility reducing dendritic aggregates with visibility dropping to near 1/4 of a mile during the heavier squalls. Not sticking to much due to solar insolation, but it may have dropped a 1/2" on the existing snow cover. More snow showers and squalls are being generated upstream of me as residual lake effect moisture upslopes over the Taconics and the west side of the Berkshires. Instability is helping these things get a little convective as well. Given the instability, a few lighter snow showers and flurries may make it east of the spine today.

Yeah--they're making it to the east side, Mitch.  If it's going to be 31* at 2:30p.m. in spring and there's 7" of compacted snow on the ground, might as well put some beautiful flakeage in the air to complete the scene.

Trends weenies. 2 days ago it was off the SC coast

Great--closer miss incoming.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is not even close to a hit.  Not sure what people are looking at.  The system blows up and occludes way too early to effect us.  Needs to come another 150mi N and not blow us as early.

At this point the GFS and Euro are not too far apart.  GGEM is a northern outlier and Ukie the southern.

Euro is not even close to a hit.  Not sure what people are looking at.  The system blows up and occludes way too early to effect us.  Needs to come another 150mi N and not blow us as early.

At this point the GFS and Euro are not too far apart.  GGEM is a northern outlier and Ukie the southern.

Just glancing at 81h vs 93h on the 0z on Wunder, those are pretty significant changes.

I thought the 12z Euro was a pretty significant improvement.  I like the system digging down to the west, I like that the old low is further ENE to our NE.

Overall, at this range 150 miles is well within the average shift we've seen on the Euro from almost every event since January.  JMHO.

Just glancing at 81h vs 93h on the 0z on Wunder, those are pretty significant changes.

I thought the 12z Euro was a pretty significant improvement.  I like the system digging down to the west, I like that the old low is further ENE to our NE.

Overall, at this range 150 miles is well within the average shift we've seen on the Euro from almost every event since January.  JMHO.

Yeah Euro was a huge improvement over 00z...but it still needs some work.

Yeah Euro was a huge improvement over 00z...but it still needs some work.

It's close, some of the same things we've seen in earlier jumps north too as I mentioned.  Let's face it this one is running into a more formidable wall, so primarily I think the threat is south of the MA border.  But we're down to 100-200 miles at 3-4 days...easily made up if things break right.

Improvement won't be incremental, it's a yes/no deal I think.  We'll either see the s/w timing change enough tonight that we're back on, or we'll see the first escape too quickly and blah.  I do like that the Euro increased the southward position of the digging s/w.

The GFS is also toying with the idea of a little breakoff piece of energy coming backwards into NE.  Kind of like what we saw a few weeks ago.  It's not close enough yet to doing enough to make a difference, but we have an opportunity still.

It's close, some of the same things we've seen in earlier jumps north too as I mentioned.  Let's face it this one is running into a more formidable wall, so primarily I think the threat is south of the MA border.  But we're down to 100-200 miles at 3-4 days...easily made up if things break right.

Improvement won't be incremental, it's a yes/no deal I think.  We'll either see the s/w timing change enough tonight that we're back on, or we'll see the first escape too quickly and blah.  I do like that the Euro increased the southward position of the digging s/w.

The GFS is also toying with the idea of a little breakoff piece of energy coming backwards into NE.  Kind of like what we saw a few weeks ago.  It's not close enough yet to doing enough to make a difference, but we have an opportunity still.

Euro is quite close to being good here, but its going to have a hard time breaking through I think. I do like that the 5h shortwave was stronger and we actually start getting flow out of the SE.

Just saw that the FAA is closer their air towers on april 7 for good at HFD(Brainard),BDR(Sikorsky Bridgeport), DXR(Danbury Muni), GON(Groton-New London), HVN(Tweed-NewHaven), OXC(Waterbury Oxford) (CT) BVY(Beverly), EWB(New Bedford Reg), LWM(Lawrence Muni), ORH, OWD(Norwood) (MA) ASH(Nashua) (NH) 

WASHINGTON – Today, the Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reached the decision that 149 federal contract towers will close beginning April 7 as part of the agency’s sequestration implementation plan. The agency has made the decision to keep 24 federal contract towers open that had been previously proposed for closure because doing so would have a negative impact on the national interest.

Euro ensembles are bringing some precip into SNE....gets the 0.10" line into all of SNE just N of the MA/NH border with 0.25" just about to HFD-PVD-PYM

We definitely need a good run tonight...I agree with Rollo on that. Tonight can't be a cruddy run...we are getting to that deadline time where the Euro won't shift more than 40 or 50 miles probably after tonight...and often its just smaller wobbles.

Archived