joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had 18.2" at that time but he was a couple inches ahead of me yesterday. My temp is 33 now so snow growth is limited. I better do another measurement!

Back in 1997 when I had 28" of fluff, it took a week to melt it with similar temps and it was finally gone after a day in the low 70s. I think we'll still have something around by Sunday night.

Wow you're that warm? 30.8 here

Yes Don...hopefully ORH gets a shot at the record sometime later this month. It looks like perhaps there could be another opportunity or two. But even if there isn't, it has been a memorable 30 days here.

Incredible crush job up there-this stretch for you guys is like our stretch down here from Boxing Day 2010-1/27/11. Just insane.

The nrn edge of the firehose has some of the heaviest snow, so that will pivot through. Looks like the NW edge is tickling SE a bit.

I know - I'm in it.  The last 3 hours have been pretty amazing.  It does look to be starting to collapse SE at this point though.

Just talked with PAUL KOCIN for 15 minutes.  

He did a Weenie Drive to Western, VA since DC Sucked haha.  Said the Short wave that created the Fujiwawa deseves a new Ferrari basically for what it did.  Even he could not understand this storm, and even HE, could not understand WHAT is going on in RI.  

I'm heading towards a foot even though the rest of the state is hanging themselves.  Might be able to selvage this thing.  He was in Very good spirits.  Helped mine a lot.  

I have to drive to Boston for a Concert (Soloing with an orchestra, it's actually a big gig but the snowstorm is the only thing on my mind lol) in Lexington today - That'll be fun!  

I wonder what Subdude has near WaWa...did he get wiped off the planet from this storm? They must have over 20" there.

I sure hope so, is it me or does it seem like the radar ban out that way is a bit lighter than other areas.  It's been dumping here in Marlborough since I got here at 9:15, must have at least 15" now

Must be some weird elevation cutoff going on. I'm only seeing maybe 4 or 5" here at UHart, but the latest PNS data says West Hartford has 14". When I'm done eating lunch I'm gonna take a drive a bit further West towards Avon to see if the elevation is really throwing it off that much.

I just brought that to attention...not sure of where that 14'' came from but it should be corrected at some point (or hopefully)

Just got back from wawa. It was epic. They have a good 20" there with 3' in the woods. I was able to ski the woods off balance rock for the first time in years. Took some great pics. 

usQvXoL.jpg

took the skis off and hiked up to the cabin to take a break. 

NBFDphX.jpg

untracked from the cabin. As soon as I left and was putting on my skis a guy ripped through it. 

xujjlNk.jpg

in the woods. 

SEwD4wD.jpg

buried my ski pole in about 4' of snow while in the woods.

vo71C6F.jpg

Pic of my picnic table. The left is what I cleared off prior to the storm the right is untouched all season. 

8BmHvjP.jpg

Just wandered around getting some snow in my boots. Completely unofficially, for the northern edge of Sturbridge, about 14-15" inches at various points around the property pushing a tape measure through to asphalt surface. 7" since 5:30am when I snow-blew a portion of the driveway.

Archived