Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

this could hit forecasts around DC by 9

Damn...as I said, the WAA part of the storm has trended better and better the last 24-48 hours.  The RAP looks like the NAM on crack, but were that to verify, the WSW's would verify by breakfast.  Nice to see things trend in our favor as we get closer to gametime. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:  It's not that bold of a forecast...DCA only has like 1.8" on the season? 

Anyway...the WAA part of the storm has started looking really good in the last 24-48 hours.  I think 2-4" or so for most of the DC metro by daybreak and the possibility of mixing becomes an issue.  A little less up toward Baltimore just because precip will start a bit later. 

Wait, I am lost on the bolded part... do you mean it wont be an issue because the column will have cooled enough?  Or does the WAA snow prompt mixing?

Damn...as I said, the WAA part of the storm has trended better and better the last 24-48 hours.  The RAP looks like the NAM on crack, but were that to verify, the WSW's would verify by breakfast.  Nice to see things trend in our favor as we get closer to gametime. 

im kinda getting really psyched. i think we'll run at ~10" up here now even tho i said to run from that kind of total initially.

:lol:  It's not that bold of a forecast...DCA only has like 1.8" on the season? 

Anyway...the WAA part of the storm has started looking really good in the last 24-48 hours.  I think 2-4" or so for most of the DC metro by daybreak and the possibility of mixing becomes an issue.  A little less up toward Baltimore just because precip will start a bit later. 

without mixing i'd think that's more than 2-4" by daybreak.  that's a hefty punch of precip, assuming it stays together.

Cancelled flights tomorrow already

IAD 458 flights

DCA 484 flights

The airlines have become worse than schools.  They would rather strand a multitude of passengers than risk having a plane and/or crew caught on the ground where it can't keep earning them money.  When the snow stops, they really don't care if their paying customers spend a week sleeping in terminals before they get home because weather delays are not their fault so they don't owe you a dime no matter how long you have to wait and/or how much it costs you to wait.   

I was flying into BWI the day of the "Boxing Day" storm.... and, even though BWI got less than 1" accumulation (and it was over long before my flight was scheduled to land late in the evening), Southwest still cancelled ALL flights into and out of BWI for the entire day that 12/26.  Thankfully, United kept flying so I switched over to one of their flights and landed right on time.  

yeah lets combine the two banterish threads.

This one is supposed to be for obs and serious discussion about the storms.  The other is for joking, commentary, and weenie posts.

It's helpful to keep these threads separate to keep this one useful to posters who don't live on these boards and who don't have time to read through a lot of our nonsense and banter just to find out the latest on the storm.

Archived