joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a look at these two snowfall maps.  Mt Holly from earlier this morning, State College from around noon.  Seems like Mt Holly will need to update the totals (upwards) for continuity. 

I just love the lack of agreement between the various NWS offices.  I'm in Harford County, the northeastern edge of the LWX forecast zone.  Look at Harford County's forecast (LWX) and compare it with Cecil County (Mt. Holly) immediately to our east and York County (State College) immediately to our north.  You'd think that their would be a greater degree of agreement in the forecasts along the boundaries between the counties, but you'd be wrong.

I just love the lack of agreement between the various NWS offices. I'm in Harford County, the northeastern edge of the LWX forecast zone. Look at Harford County's forecast (LWX) and compare it with Cecil County (Mt. Holly) immediately to our east and York County (State College) immediately to our north. You'd think that their would be a greater degree of agreement in the forecasts along the boundaries between the counties, but you'd be wrong.

I think someone has said before that a lot of those products are auto generated by computer. I don't know. I would think that there would be more coordination between local offices, though.

Some Harford County data (from Weatherbug)

Bel Air:  43 / 29

Aberdeen: 43 / 27

Pylesville: 40 / 25

Havre de Grace: 44 / no dew point reading

Fallston: 41 / no dew point reading

Joppa: 40 / no dew point reading

Darlington: 43 / 27

Archived