• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

Well--thankfully I had a few chips left over to go all in on this one.  I mean after the Valentine's Day debacle and all, I just wasn't sure anymore what to think.  Really looking forward to a great streak breaking Wednesday.

ur maybe 5-6 miles from me but probably 250' higher

I can see you getting twice what I get in something like this one

good luck nonetheless

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing OBS reports of Chicago having 6" of fresh pow pow already.  I remember people discussing that as a place to watch as an indicator for us.

Yea my friend who lives there told me they should get almost a foot which should be good news for us.

Hearing OBS reports of Chicago having 6" of fresh pow pow already.  I remember people discussing that as a place to watch as an indicator for us.

True, but that was the indicator when we weren't sure if the storm would hit us or get pushed to our south.  Now the question is temps, not getting the QPF.  Seeing how soon the rain switches to snow (hopefully) overnight is a good indicator on how accurate the models are with the warm layer. 

Hearing OBS reports of Chicago having 6" of fresh pow pow already. I remember people discussing that as a place to watch as an indicator for us.

True, but that was the indicator when we weren't sure if the storm would hit us or get pushed to our south. Now the question is temps, not getting the QPF. Seeing how soon the rain switches to snow (hopefully) overnight is a good indicator on how accurate the models are with the warm layer.

I didn't know the qpf already fell here :shrug:

Chicago was an indicator of QPF, not temps per se -- I don't think anyone is really worried about QPF now (except maybe Baltimore and N&E from there), but there is a warm layer below 900/925 that could be hard to overcome. 

Chicago was an indicator of QPF, not temps per se -- I don't think anyone is really worried about QPF now (except maybe Baltimore and N&E from there), but there is a warm layer below 900/925 that could be hard to overcome.

Most likely more qpf = better rates = better temps. When speaking of the LP hitting Chicago.

Archived