Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i changed the name. White lion is ridiculous. worse than snowquester

I liked white lion... Anyways. It is warm right now but like Ian said that doesn't really mean much. Ironically I think a blend of all the models on QPF/Track gives us best outcome. 

serious question. With Wes on Vacation do they have a Met on staff?

you're not even that good of a troll

Not trolling. I honestly don't know, I admit I have a pet peeve about folks without meteorology degrees calling themselves Mets, it muddies the waters on credibility. Would you take medical advice from someone with a doctor tag on a forum that didn't have a medical degree. Ugh.

Not trolling. I honestly don't know, I admit I have a pet peeve about folks without meteorology degrees calling themselves Mets, it muddies the waters on credibility. Would you take medical advice from someone with a doctor tag on a forum that didn't have a medical degree. Ugh.

lol...

Some great forecasters are not degreed. That's not a good comparison at all. There's a reason it's illegal to call yourself a medical doctor but not illegal to call yourself a meteorologist. A pro-forecaster could be BETTER than a met with a degree if they study hard enough. Henry Margusity is an "official" met - would you rather HIM forecast for you or Ian? 

Take a look at these two snowfall maps.  Mt Holly from earlier this morning, State College from around noon.  Seems like Mt Holly will need to update the totals (upwards) for continuity. 

post-9259-0-23534500-1362504921_thumb.gi

post-9259-0-72894400-1362504928_thumb.gi

like 85% of the CWG members are mets. i don't list myself as a met there. the analogy is pretty poor though. there's a huge difference between knowing how to forecast and cutting someone open.

Archived