Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That band has sunk into here now and we have quarter-sized flakes.  The temp is 33, but it's now starting to accumulate with the heavy rates again. Eyeballing the snowboard theres probably an inch of slop on it, putting us in the 7.5-8 inch range for the storm if it holds before the next clearing around 3:30.  I don't think there's any spoit that the snow is more than 4 or 5 inches deep even on grass.

Really wish I went to the shore. Sustained winds at tropical storm force from Lewes, DE to Ocean City, MD gusting to upper 50s.

I still have never experienced true tropical storm force winds. 

Wind has been ripping non-stop here in Dover, DE since about midnight last night, and gusts have been steadily getting stronger it seems as the day goes on.  Just watching a warehouse/office building across the street from my office, they put on a new white rubber "rolled" roof on the building last summer, and the north end of the building must have come unglued as the wind has been blowing it up off the roof all day.  Picture a very large, very heavy, white sheet being "waved" every 15 - 30 seconds.  The only difference being everytime a "wave" comes by it picks up air conditioning units about 2 feet off the roof and slams them back down.  Its insane, i've never seen anything like it in my life.  Its probably about 100,000 sq. foot building so I would imagine if that roof decides to rip loose its going to take almost the entire parking lot of cars below it.  I'll see if i can get a pic of it.

the low seems to be consolidating along the VA Capes and it is sending the bands, as a result, into Richmond/SE VA EDIT: like a figure skater going faster as he/she brings his/her arms inward

I don't think that heavy stuff in DE makes it to us (BWI)

Looking at sat pics and water vapor, I think that u.l trough near the Great Lakes that was originally thought to phase with the system, has shoved it S/SE and helped to screw us (or at least BWI)

but I guess it doesn't really matter why at this point, does it?

Archived