Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sir, you along with the rest of the guys are not wrong in parlaying the remainder of your hope in what the DOX radar shows. There sure is a firehose, and my no means is our low moving east out to sea right now. It is being tugged a bit west in a wobbling fashion through the flanking line that exists on the southeastern side. 

The h5 low and h7 circulations are becoming vertically stacked. Overall, the truth is that the storm is trekking more w and north than anticipated, and as I mentioned earlier a more traditional CCB like area could develop shortly. The lapse rates are driving these bands, and frontogenesis is healthy enough to support the thundersnow. Don't expect the low to move longitudinally in the next few hours, its about parked for now. 

Get this guy a beer.

you are my favorite new poster on the planet of the united states of the world. 

I appreciate that, but I wouldn't say it if it didn't have some potential. Relatively speaking, it helps that the low and h5 circulations have moved east of DC's longitude. Essentially, it comes down to if we can yield a latent heat release and dynamics through the Dover area bands. It was snowing in that area earlier, and that is a good sign for those in the best set-up for this action. The storm is slower, so the bands are in the midst of a lag really. In some instances, in storms that are overly dynamic, expect the radar to lag on ground truth. New technologies via dual pol can assist you with it in some ways, but not 100%. 

No sir, you along with the rest of the guys are not wrong in parlaying the remainder of your hope in what the DOX radar shows. There sure is a firehose, and my no means is our low moving east out to sea right now. It is being tugged a bit west in a wobbling fashion through the flanking line that exists on the southeastern side. 

The h5 low and h7 circulations are becoming vertically stacked. Overall, the truth is that the storm is trekking more w and north than anticipated, and as I mentioned earlier a more traditional CCB like area could develop shortly. The lapse rates are driving these bands, and frontogenesis is healthy enough to support the thundersnow. Don't expect the low to move longitudinally in the next few hours, its about parked for now. 

Like the optimism, we can always hope.

Awaiting those sick killer mega superbands that will be coming out of the depths of Mordor.  Or something.

Who are you? You say some pretty cool s***.

Just got home from work. It was snowing super hard at times between here and Calverton but pretty much no stickage. There was more slush in my neighborhood than over east in Calverton but pretty much just as bad. 10 people showed up at like a 15 story office building.

Mostly rain with some token flakes mixing in and occasionally becoming white rain for a time. Also gusty winds. As I said over in the banter thread...this pretty much FML weather. 

Archived