Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WBAL just did a live shot from York and Timonium rd. and there was literally nothing on the ground.

I was just there an hour ago......it's amazing what a little elevation can do. But I think I'll be lucky to hit 5" with the way this is going, it's a very sloppy 3-4" here and not adding up well.

I'm just glad I got some cool footage of a few good bands.

Which model is on track for best verification (so far)?

GFS/EURO/That Sordid Little NAM

I say the EURO seems to be doing better than I would have liked.

Couple things: 1)It suppressed the system a bit further south than either GFS or NAM 2) It had a temperature profile notably warmer than that of the GFS or NAM

the band showing on dox radar is now approaching the bay bridge. lwx radar looks like it's going to make it. if THAT doesn't wow anybody then I'm going back to deep deep sadness and pouring a 12oz glass of bourban.

Except around like 830 these have been extremely underwhelming bands when in the yellows etc.

Which model is on track for best verification (so far)?

GFS/EURO/That Sordid Little NAM

I say the EURO seems to be doing better than I would have liked.

Couple things: 1)It suppressed the system a bit further south than either GFS or NAM 2) It had a temperature profile notably warmer than that of the GFS or NAM

the warm one

.1 at 7a... So maybe .3?

Got chided last night for sticking with my "no more than 4" for DCA call. Still a ways to go, storm looks almost stalled and trying to figure out if center is east of our longitude yet? Now is prime radiant sun time now but that will be over in another two hours. I am glad we are getting some accumulating snow as this saves forecasters in general from complete public rancor over those 9-12" maps for immediate DC that were being displayed last night.

the band showing on dox radar is now approaching the bay bridge. lwx radar looks like it's going to make it. if THAT doesn't wow anybody then I'm going back to deep deep sadness and pouring a 12oz glass of bourban. 

Pour me some bourbon too please.  Seen some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen without any accumulation whatsoever.  Tough.  Oh well.  Ready for a good torch.  We had a shot.... Bring on baseball.

Except around like 830 these have been extremely underwhelming bands when in the yellows etc.

this particular one seems to pack a punch. Better proximity and trajectory. Or I'm just being a hopeless weenie who should remove himself from this board and drop the hobby. 

the warm one

We'll see who wins on precip.  I've got over .5" of QPF.  Euro was still too warm on low-level temps (for the surface at least) and NAM was too cold.  I'd say GFS was closest just going off memory.  It's the crappy precip rates that we're getting that's keeping this all RASNy garbage. 

Got chided last night for sticking with my "no more than 4" for DCA call. Still a ways to go, storm looks almost stalled and trying to figure out if center is east of our longitude yet? Now is prime radiant sun time now but that will be over in another two hours. I am glad we are getting some accumulating snow as this saves forecasters in general from complete public rancor over those 9-12" maps for immediate DC that were being displayed last night.

It was a very good call...

So I'm in NW DC. Thinking of going for a drive to see real snow. Thoughts of best places to go within 60-90 minutes where I can see at least a few inches?

Just get on 66 West to 267.  Plenty out here just over the Loudoun line.  Reston, etc closer in have 3-4 as well.

Archived