Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dc/moco band is growing. I'm below half mile and roads are getting some slush. C'mon baby. 4" of paste and I'm all good.

I'm rooting for you Bob! I hope Rockville gets crushed with thundersnow. I teach in MCPS :) I'm at about 4.5" in Damascus, but like try to fill a bucket full of Wholes.

Been snowing moderately to heavy and steadily for the past hour in Sparks, MD (21152).  Too warm to accumulate except as slush on cars.  Pretty to watch.  Ground is barely white.

It's 3.5" where I am in Cockeysville, but just a few miles down the road it looks just like you described......ugly slop and not really much of anything sticking.

Looks like a lot of the area is mixing more now

remember the soundings showed 9z was the dicey time when its really showing up around 18z. The whole storm evolution seems to be progressing 6-9 hours slower than the models anticipated, even the higher res short range models. I think this is easily one of the biggest model busts of recent time this close in, both from hires, regional, and global models, both from a perspective of storm evolution and QPF

remember the soundings showed 9z was the dicey time when its really showing up around 18z. The whole storm evolution seems to be progressing 6-9 hours slower than the models anticipated, even the higher res short range models. I think this is easily one of the biggest model busts of recent time this close in, both from hires, regional, and global models, both from a perspective of storm evolution and QPF

the DCA QPF numbers may end up more "euroesque"

Had 2-3 6 hour frames in the .35 .4 range.

Archived