Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing at a good clip still, picked up all my snow in the past couple hours.  Not much fell here overnight.

In places where it has stuck since the beginning there is nearly 5" while on the roads more like a coating.

Good storm for us in Loudoun, and it still has just begun.  Feel for anyone who's getting rain.

BWAHHHH

HAHHAHAH

Oh sorry.....rain and lots of it. Still hoping for a switch to snow but the chances seem to be getting less and less as the energy of the storm just isn't there it seems. 

That is unfortunate, well I hope it still works out for everyone! Best of luck. 

Temp at Parkville middle school keeps creeping up, now at 35.8.  I was looking forward to taking my 4 year old son sleding for the first time.  His little heart is going to be broken if things don't change soon. :cry:

Drive the kids to Westminster.  We are heading to the McDaniel Golf Course soon.  4" or so now.

It's gone back to mostly flurries here, but I think the rain has already done the damage.  It's going to be hard to accumulate much on the half inch of liquid-y slop out there unless we get some really heavy, really persistent bands. 

Looking at radar only it looks like it would be snowing nicely, but it's mainly "conversational snow" that is barely enough to maintain the 1" on the ground.  I think that's it for us, but I really feel for the folks getting rain.  I have to admit I went to sleep just after the exciting updates around 11:00 or so last night, and woke up around 5:00 just shocked.  I couldn't believe it.  This one really hurts.

i'll say this...radar looks outstanding for dc.

But it's not...that's the thing. I really would like a met or pro to explain it, I and others have made several posts about this. When I was living in HoCo this never happened. The radar is lying to me! lol

Archived