joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know lots of people are in negative mode, but look at the radar.  You can just see the banding starting to take shape.  I'll bet good money that by 9AM there is going to be one solid a$$ band parked right where it is modeled to be, and that band will contain the "megabands" as we call them. 

The SLP to the SE is just getting cranking.

I know lots of people are in negative mode, but look at the radar.  You can just see the banding starting to take shape.  I'll bet good money that by 9AM there is going to be one solid a$$ band parked right where it is modeled to be, and that band will contain the "megabands" as we call them. 

Good luck talking some of the folks on here down from the ledge. 

I am beside myself with joy!!!!!!!! WOW I can see the snow real good now!! It is daytime! I dont need streetlights now to see the snow driven by that relentless north wind!!!

WOOOOOOOO------HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS STORM WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winds are picking up considerably here and maybe I am misreading the radar, but it looks to me like this is going to play out like the LWX discussion reads.  We've got a lot to overcome, but we all knew marginal temps and March sun angle were going to be a problem, but in the heavier bands, most of us should be snow. 

And not to rush things, but I still think this evening holds promise once the temps crash and the sun sets.  I'm feeling pretty good about things.

I will not litter the board with panic, but there is always a part of me that does in situations like this. Its hard to trust the modeling on something like this until the energy actually transfers and we see the bands set up.  Until that point, bust is always in the front of my mind. It doesn't help my state of mind that my part of Balt City was always on the edge of rain and we have been fighting that on and off for hours. 

Archived