Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly those totals will likely bust for Dauphin and Lebanon counties unless there is some sort of surprise.

there gonna bust for the north east corner of cumberland county too, where that 4-6 is should say nada! Now, i can beleive that York/Lancaster get some snow later, but were not!

Edit- i looked at the radar and i can tell you, that precip isn't making the ground!

That's fine guys i can quit posting on my own. I never went ape **** just expressing my opinion. If I don't say what people want on here I get run over for it. All I'm saying is I ended up correct even if for the wrong reasons. Ill leave this forum that's fine,doesn't bother me.

It sucks because I love winter time weather especially, only time I really visit these weather forums. Sorry for my negative posts just tired of crappy winters. Well good luck everyone and I hope somebody gets some accumulation. To bad were not Front Royal VA. Sorry n Carry on

Its because of posts like these you were getting roasted:

Posted by Yorkpa25 on Yesterday, 04:52 AM in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania

Ouch 6zGFS cuts back more from 0z run. Not even close to the 6z NAM total qpf. Really looking like a 3-5 inch storm at most. Early march,battling sun angle and the main models beginning to cut QPF. Don't get upset but the bar was set at 8 inches for me, and that's not happening. NWS should downgrade this to a WWA for York,PA. Bright side is come Thursday this winter will be all but over and spring so so close. Better luck 2013-2014 winter I hope

Posted by Yorkpa25 on Yesterday, 10:29 AM in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania

I wonder when NWS will put out Winter Storm Warning for York. Looks like 10 inches is a good call

It is better to go with how things are trending than to take a single model run word for word -- otherwise you just look silly and as a result take heat from everyone. 

This is why you keep expectations low on the edge, lol...I came in with the most optimistic expectation of like 1-2".

Oh wait there's still the inverted trough miss to come :arrowhead:

Yup 1-2 was my call as well I thought we'd at least get a ground whitener!  Oh well I'm off to Florida tomorrow anyway :P

Djr5001, what are you trying to prove. I apologize to everyone but this guy. Their my post and that's how I felt at those particular times. I don't know u so I really don't care what you think of me or if u repost what I said. I know what I wrote, didn't know you were so sensitive. Jesus Christ. Carry on

I thought he was trying to nicely give you some advice to help you be a better poster. Maybe take it instead of, well, being so sensitive. 

Djr5001, what are you trying to prove. I apologize to everyone but this guy. Their my post and that's how I felt at those particular times. I don't know u so I really don't care what you think of me or if u repost what I said. I know what I wrote, didn't know you were so sensitive. Jesus Christ. Carry on

saying "what NWS should do" based upon 1 model run is just plain stupid. Until you have a met degree and/or pro forecasting experience (or at least, a solid grasp on numerical weather modeling), leave it to the experts. You'll notice that many of us refrain from adding much to the discussion except observations. There's a reason for that.

Not even a flake in State College :( gotta love how we still bust on one of the most frustrating storms of the winter.

This is really unusual for this winter. Most of the time when we have had forecasted minor or moderate events this winter, they've happened or even overperformed. 

and responses with an attitude like that are not winning you brownie points either and will only continue to lead to you getting banned... I was just pointing out to you the posts that you made yesterday morning so you would see what was not liked by them to help you out... instead of an ok thanks I understand you respond like this...

hit the road "SON" head  over to accuweather forums

Yorkpa25, on 06 Mar 2013 - 11:23, said:snapback.png

That's fine guys i can quit posting on my own. I never went ape **** just expressing my opinion. If I don't say what people want on here I get run over for it. All I'm saying is I ended up correct even if for the wrong reasons. Ill leave this forum that's fine,doesn't bother me.
It sucks because I love winter time weather especially, only time I really visit these weather forums. Sorry for my negative posts just tired of crappy winters. Well good luck everyone and I hope somebody gets some accumulation. To bad were not Front Royal VA. Sorry n Carry on

Yorkpa25, on 06 Mar 2013 - 11:52, said:snapback.png

I thought he was trying to nicely give you some advice to help you be a better poster. Maybe take it instead of, well, being so sensitive. 

saying "what NWS should do" based upon 1 model run is just plain stupid. Until you have a met degree and/or pro forecasting experience (or at least, a solid grasp on numerical weather modeling), leave it to the experts. You'll notice that many of us refrain from adding much to the discussion except observations. There's a reason for that.

and responses with an attitude like that are not winning you brownie points either and will only continue to lead to you getting banned... I was just pointing out to you the posts that you made yesterday morning so you would see what was not liked by them to help you out... instead of an ok thanks I understand you respond like this...

hit the road "SON" head  over to accuweather forums

Yorkpa25, on 06 Mar 2013 - 11:23, said:snapback.png

Yorkpa25, on 06 Mar 2013 - 11:52, said:snapback.png

We won't be hearing from him for awhile.

Sorry I've been MIA the past few weeks, personal stuff going on.

Let's try to keep things on topic. There is a nice banter and complaint thread for the region, use it.

Those in York / Lancaster counties appear to be in for an afternoon surprise.  Infrared satellite imagery clearly shows the coastal storm going to town with a notable westward expansion and cooling of cloud tops.  This is supported by a marked increase in northeast winds across eastern PA and regional radar filling in.  Over the next 6 hours this coastal is going to crank and those who aren't seeing much in the aforementioned counties will start to.

Yeah been following the radar trends and see lots of green and not so much white, but I noticed now that the winds are gusting out of the NE, not east anymore. Hopefully the storm can still deliver.

Just hit 40 here, we never got any accumulating snow. You ALL owe me a beer.

Brutally crazy storm, ripping snow in DC and Virginia, rain in Baltimore and rain up here for us with temps rising to 40.

I can't speak to forecasting a storm like this but this had to be one of the toughest storms to forecast. Models were everywhere with it, and the dynamics of the system are all over the place.

we went from 3-5" to zilch and 40 degree weather. :)

Brutally crazy storm, ripping snow in DC and Virginia, rain in Baltimore and rain up here for us with temps rising to 40.

I can't speak to forecasting a storm like this but this had to be one of the toughest storms to forecast. Models were everywhere with it, and the dynamics of the system are all over the place.

we went from 3-5" to zilch and 40 degree weather. :)

Yeah, no doubt. It's easy to call bust but really it's virtually impossible to nail down this storm. No model did very good with it, I guess once again the Euro came closest to all.

Yeah, no doubt. It's easy to call bust but really it's virtually impossible to nail down this storm. No model did very good with it, I guess once again the Euro came closest to all.

our area has had the worst run in snow the last 2 years that I can ever remember. Live here my entire life but even in the worst of winters in the past we would always get one or 2 4 plus inch storms. Outside of the freak Halloween storm we had in 2011 that's been it.

Probably just in a cycle and next year at this time will likely say something totally different.

Yeah, and they are really taking heat for it. I used to take that heat because my email at AccuWx was the only one on the site to a person, at that time. I used to be told they hope my family dies, they hope I die, my mother's a whore, I'm a piece of **** who lies, etc. Between that experience, the stuff what I read online, and the study I saw that up to half of all weather deaths are because so many believing forecasts are wrong and ignore warnings, it's very hard for me to not have "LMAO thinning the herd, serves them right" as the first reaction when I hear about storm death tolls. I have to really fight it. 

our area has had the worst run in snow the last 2 years that I can ever remember. Live here my entire life but even in the worst of winters in the past we would always get one or 2 4 plus inch storms. Outside of the freak Halloween storm we had in 2011 that's been it.

Probably just in a cycle and next year at this time will likely say something totally different.

That happened in the late 80s-early 90s and in the early-mid 70s. It was brutal. 

Archived