SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone scores on the 6z GFS, that shallower attack angle is helping everyone! The only thing extra that this thing could to is come in just a tad stronger.. but this is absolute golden for DC and NOVA. HECS.
how about toward the coast? Any hope?

how about toward the coast? Any hope?

Yeah, you get a good whack on the back end. But I would be more worried for some serious winds. TS force winds for hours.

yeah, that def. looks to be the biggest impactor with this storm, at least down here.....Sandy II....interesting times ahead....

There's no banter thread in this sub-forum, so I have to ask here...at what level of wind do the powers that be consider closing the US50/301 Bay Bridge? I've been running dedicated to Easton, MD lately and have to cross that bridge twice per day, once loaded and once empty.

Thank you!

I went to the site and found info. At sustained, or gusts, of 40-49 mph it is at law enforcements discretion, especially with an empty 53' trailer like the one I drive. Not sure if gusts will get quite that high as I saw 39 mph in land forecasts on the eastern side of the bridge.

Wind Restriction I - Sustained wind speeds or wind gusts of 40-49 mph
When wind restrictions are implemented, house trailers, empty box trailers or any vehicle that, in the opinion of law-enforcement personnel, may not safely cross the bridge will be prohibited from traveling the bridge. Motorists who are denied passage will be assisted with safely turning around.

Thank you!

I went to the site and found info. At sustained, or gusts, of 40-49 mph it is at law enforcements discretion, especially with an empty 53' trailer like the one I drive. Not sure if gusts will get quite that high as I saw 39 mph in land forecasts on the eastern side of the bridge.

Different bridge! Whoops! Thanks for the clarification.

6z GFS looks like last run of NAM and last night's GFS. Turns the corner, lots of snow. Bullseye down our way Northern VA over to DCA. Balt does fine on it.

Fascinating divergence with Euro. Snows up the cooridor.

The GFS at 60 Is a classic textbook heavy snow look. Man great upper level tracks with definite instability. You don't even have to look at the soundings to confirm it.

Now I am curious about snow totals. We've been talking about ratios in the as low as 5/7-1, but NWS was just talking about 7/8-1 on the low side and 10-1 on the high side (N/W). With QPFs in the 1.5 range (plus/minus) in the DC area are we really talking 10 inches on the low side?

Archived