joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Week of March Nor'Easter

Capt. Adam

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suspect a non-accumulating wet snow. BL is not everything and would cool down with surface winds out of the NNE. Too much wasted precip, it's a shame this event waited untill March.

its not even you surface temp. the 925mb temps are above freezing for your area also...That is almost like 2000 ft of air that is abv freezing

Imho, we are going to need at least .5 of qpf or higher to get any chance of snowfall that sticks. Areas that see the .5 of qpf or more are going to have to have elev of 300 ft or higher and be away from i95 corridor. Areas under 300 ft may see snow but i doubt it will amount to much. This all assuming the gfs modeled qpf is right or it continues to tcik north a little. Now if things continue to bump north and that ccb gets in here, then its another game

Way to early to call that IMHO. South or north

Track for the last day has been very consistent on the GFS, last 2 days on Euro.  Might "tick" north or south a bit but the storm's onshore and players are in place. 

if anything storm is tracking faster by quite a bit on euro. North is probably 15-20 mile nudge at most.

looks like the Euro might be 6 hours ahead at 12z in location than 0z.

The transfer is further south. Weak costal at hr 84. Preciep extent is further north up to Ttn.

The transfer is further south. Weak costal at hr 84. Preciep extent is further north up to Ttn.

It was to Burlington in the last run and that .05 to .1 will probably be virga, flurries, sprinkles, or graupel.

Don't get your hopes up...

I've only been on this forum for a few months now and don't really know much but I'm learning. Just your average snow lover but if there is anything I learned in the past couple months it's that if models are agreeing on a solution 6 days out, it's most likely NOT gonna hold up. Maybe it's just the weenie in me but I would bet there will be another big shift before Wednesday. Whether it's good or bad for us I obviously have no clue. 

I've only been on this forum for a few months now and don't really know much but I'm learning. Just your average snow lover but if there is anything I learned in the past couple months it's that if models are agreeing on a solution 6 days out, it's most likely NOT gonna hold up. Maybe it's just the weenie in me but I would bet there will be another big shift before Wednesday. Whether it's good or bad for us I obviously have no clue. 

We're inside 72 hours now, and the models are pretty tightly clustered on a track that favors DC (precip wise, at least) and not so much anyone north of ILG or thereabouts.  There could be some minor adjustments in the extent of the precip shield or in thermals, but major changes would be surprising at this point.

Archived