Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meteorologist Joe Cioffi

Joe's friend Bill Goodman has been following the Eurasian snow cover along with Joe and agrees that the build up of snow cover over that area is an ominious sign for a cold and snowy winter in the Northeast. Notice that compared to last year , which was a tip off of what was to come, this years snowcover is even more extensive and is growing at a rapid rate.

Steve D just issued his Winter forecast. He is calling for a  weak to moderate -NAO with a good chance of winter storms this winter for the east. He's also calling for below normal temps for December, January and February for the mid-atlantic and northeast with above average precip for those 3 months.

http://www.nynjpaweather.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Winter-Forecast-for-201415.pdf

Steve D just issued his Winter forecast. He is calling for a weak to moderate -NAO with a good chance of winter storms this winter for the east. He's also calling for below normal temps for December, January and February for the mid-atlantic and northeast with above average precip for those 3 months.

http://www.nynjpaweather.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Winter-Forecast-for-201415.pdf

I just saw that. Its a very good read. Nick Gregory just tweeted that he agrees with steve D and that NOAA is off the mark.

Steve D just issued his Winter forecast. He is calling for a weak to moderate -NAO with a good chance of winter storms this winter for the east. He's also calling for below normal temps for December, January and February for the mid-atlantic and northeast with above average precip for those 3 months.

Actually he believes December is near normal.

he tells weenies what they want to hear and suckers like you eat it up

Steve D just issued his Winter forecast. He is calling for a  weak to moderate -NAO with a good chance of winter storms this winter for the east. He's also calling for below normal temps for December, January and February for the mid-atlantic and northeast with above average precip for those 3 months.

Straight out of the Hebrew National playbook.

Poor Nick Gregory and some other real mets out there who agree with him on his Twitter page.. Those suckers are eating it up alright... Lmao.

Funny how some cant explain and show why he's wrong and why they disagree.

I rarely go on forums anymore.  However I heard of some "comments" so I figure I'll just lay this out.

If you think I'm wrong, well okay.  I'm fine with that.  We all have different points of view on how the atmosphere will work out.  At the very least though I provided over 75 pages of reasoning WHY I forecasted the way I forecasted.  Now, I don't expect any one here to write a similar report, but if you are going to disagree, at least explain why.  Otherwise, you just look come off like a child.

One a positive note, Americanwx's models do kick ass.  Good jump with that.  Drop the forum, keep the models.

I rarely go on forums anymore.  However I heard of some "comments" so I figure I'll just lay this out.

If you think I'm wrong, well okay.  I'm fine with that.  We all have different points of view on how the atmosphere will work out.  At the very least though I provided over 75 pages of reasoning WHY I forecasted the way I forecasted.  Now, I don't expect any one here to write a similar report, but if you are going to disagree, at least explain why.  Otherwise, you just look come off like a child.

Steve,

I personally love the videos that you put out before a big storm. They are very informative and you tend to explain things well for those of us that lack some technical knowledge.

I think a lot of posters are skeptical becasue forecasting is such a difficult task five days out let alone months out. The truth is that your forecast wouldn't be as "Sexy" if you were calling for sunny and mild all winter and sometimes mets which provide a paid service tend to go the hype route because hype sells. Just to be clear, I am not lumping you in with that group.

Stevie, Great piece . Good luck with the forecast . 

I thought it was very well thought out and explained and it goes along the lines of numerous other forecasts out there so I don't see his forecast as hyperbole.

I'm curious to see DT's forecast as well.

first he said it was going to be released Sunday - then he made the excuse that the nor'easter and heavy work load delayed it till Monday morning - well its now approaching mid afternoon and still no sign of it - but he pulls this delaying stuff practically every time he is going to release something to the public............

are you going snowless for this February like you did last February?   Maybe a Super Nino?

Jesus-and people wonder why no Mets post here, it's garbage posts like this.

He is a "Met" thats why I asked him earlier if he is going to release his winter forecast.......

One a positive note, Americanwx's models do kick ass.  Good jump with that.  Drop the forum, keep the models.

great forecast and well explained!

He is a "Met" thats why I asked him earlier if he is going to release his winter forecast.......

I've never seen him issue any forecast for anything...he just cuts down others and then gripes that the subforum is bad.   The few calls he has made have busted horribly and only favor warm and snowless solutions in the winter and hot conditions in the summer...he bought the 10 day heatwaves on the models hook line and sinker all summer.

Perhaps he does, but he mostly trolls which has contributed to chasing most of the good talent from here.

His warm bias is very clear but during snowstorms he does provide good insight that's usually quite accurate. He likes warmth and KUs and I assume severe weather so that's ok.

Not everyone on here has to love cold and snow but yea the trolling can get excessive at times but you shouldn't take it to heart either.

Guest Imperator

I know Forky for many years and I can confirm he knows he stuff and is a talent. He's also been around between here and Eastern way longer than most of you. Perhaps some of you should ask yourself the question why does he "troll"...or maybe a better word is criticize? Maybe he is trying to make a point that perhaps it is some of you who need to step up your game on here and cut the weenie posts, model spam, etc. Rather than engaging a contrarian or realist on here, some of you chose to chase anyone that doesn't conform to the acceptable view here. Perhaps its this same reason that few to no mets and fewer people in general are posting on here. 

I also have know for many years. He trolls people who are big weenies(he did it to me alot in the past and still does it lol ).When it comes to weather,he knows his stuff. I see the trolling is getting to people on here. Just ignore him like I do. It is funny how different people can be online and in public. Forky is a complete different person in public. He's really nice and fun to be around.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived