Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love JB on twitter trying to tell Lee G. that this will be mostly a snow event and to pull his snow maps out from April 82.

I will tell you first hand , I was there JB saved Lee`s A... on March 8th , JB called him and told him he was too warm at the park for that storm  .

Lee had a slushy inch or 2 forecasted for CPK   , JB had 3 to 6 . the Park got 5 . Dont recall what Lee eventually went to , I thnk he went 1 to 3 .

Lee would be wise to listen to him again .

They are good friends  .

I will tell you first hand , I was there JB saved Lee`s A... on March 8th , JB called him and told him he was too warm at the park for that storm  .

Lee had a slushy inch or 2 forecasted for CPK   , JB had 3 to 6 . the Park got 5 . Dont recall what Lee eventually went to , I thnk he went 1 to 3 .

Lee would be wise to listen to him again .

They are good friends  .

Lee would be wise to make his own forecast instead of jumping on the NAM bandwagon and having all of NYC planning for a foot of snow. The GFS might be wrong but if it matches the Euro, then we have very divergent model forecasts (nothing new 48-54 hours out)

Lee would be wise to make his own forecast instead of jumping on the NAM bandwagon and having all of NYC planning for a foot of snow. The GFS might be wrong but if it matches the Euro, then we have very divergent model forecasts (nothing new 48-54 hours out)

Joe forecast for NYC is 4 to 8 , Lees is Rain and Snow . I am just telling you , he leans on Joe during big events .

JB not looking at the NAM , hes looking at the Euro ensembles . And hes right to do so .

The GFS is wrong .

He is the one that is arrogant and very childish. I think he must be extremely insecure based on his non stop bragging about being right on FB. I do not defriend but its getting so annoying I may have to!

everyone who has been called an inappropriate name by DT over the years raise their hand ! Anyways I think his idea of a mix here and minimal accumulation is closer to the truth then JB's HECS idea

everyone who has been called an inappropriate name by DT over the years raise their hand ! Anyways I think his idea of a mix here and minimal accumulation is closer to the truth then JB's HECS idea

Noone's saying DT is a bad forecaster (well maybe some are) but he doesn't have to be such a douchebag about it. Nana nana na nah...the euro shows nothing for you NYCers..keep hanging on the gfs/nam...its like shut up already...hard to believe he has a 16 year old kid, he acts like a 16 year old kid

Noone's saying DT is a bad forecaster (well maybe some are) but he doesn't have to be such a douchebag about it. Nana nana na nah...the euro shows nothing for you NYCers..keep hanging on the gfs/nam...its like shut up already...hard to believe he has a 16 year old kid, he acts like a 16 year old kid

DT did that during the Blizzard , said it was irresponsible for  those forecasting  6 to 12 in NYC , the park got 10 .

He said the same thing during the lead up to the March 8 th storm . go back and read his tweets from the 5 and the 6th when he said this was in no way a NYC storm the park got 5 and lower westchester had 10 .

He does it everytime he blows a forecast for his area .

it's a battle of the big mouths.... 

JB with 4"+ 

DT less then 1"

of course within JB's 4" swath, some may have 4" and some may have less than 1"

so they could both end up being right and wrong at the same time.

4 plus is saying it mildly

Check out JBs last vid, hes not joking around , he`s talking a  ft into some parts of coastal NJ

JB misses on southern edge of  3 inch lines or nothern extent of a max sometimes 

But I havent seen JB call for the possiblity of  10 - 20 ( central PA , central NJ )  in an area and miss that big .

If you follow JB , he doesnt miss on the big stuff .

DT missed the 10 - 30 accross Long Island for the BLIZZARD and the 10 inches in Westchester  during the 8 ths storm .

I have no idea if it gets to what JB thinks , but thats a tremendous divergence 2 days out .

4 plus is saying it mildly

Check out JBs last vid, hes not joking around , he`s talking a  ft into some parts of coastal NJ

JB misses on southern edge of  3 inch lines or nothern extent of a max sometimes 

But I havent seen JB call for the possiblity of  10 - 20 ( central PA , central NJ )  in an area and miss that big .

If you follow JB , he doesnt miss on the big stuff .

DT missed the 10 - 30 accross Long Island for the BLIZZARD and the 10 inches in Westchester  during the 8 ths storm .

I have no idea if it gets to what JB thinks , but thats a tremendous divergence 2 days out .

i dont pay for weatherbelll.... so i havent seen the vid.  he did post on twitter, "20 inches possible in eastern bulls eye."

i'll eat my hat if we get 1/3rd of that.... and i dont even have a hat.

JB is a home run hitter that strikes out a lot.

DT is a .250 gap hitter, who complains to the umpires too much.

i dont pay for weatherbelll.... so i havent seen the vid.  he did post on twitter, "20 inches possible in eastern bulls eye."

i'll eat my hat if we get 1/3rd of that.... and i dont even have a hat.

JB is a home run hitter that strikes out a lot.

DT is a .250 gap hitter, who complains to the umpires too much.

what mens softball league do they play in?...sometimes when you swing with all your might with your eyes closed the ball hits the bat...I just want to see 2.4" for a new record snowfall for the day...

• 7 months later...
  • Rjay locked this topic

Archived