• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

Joe Cioffi going 6-10 now in warning areas and 4-6 in advisory areas.

Really? WNYC going with 3-6 for the city and " a little" more for central NJ, I believe Craig Allen has stuck with 4-8. In the end, if we check in at 6 they would all be correct. It looks like a 3-6 storm to me, which I am fine with, it is coming down steady now.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their are certain forecasters who low ball every storm...Forecasts yesterday calling for 1-3 and lowering projections last night when guidance was coming in snowier...just bad forecasting.

it looks like at least 6" so far on the south shore...How much did you get so far this winter?...

Their are certain forecasters who low ball every storm...Forecasts yesterday calling for 1-3 and lowering projections last night when guidance was coming in snowier...just bad forecasting.

Some of the worst 12 hour forecasts I have ever seen .  There were guys here that were buying it , comical .

Any more snow threats or are we finally done?

We are taking a 10 day break . -EPO +PNA re fires around the 20th . Would love to see a - NAO  form and maybe pull something off in the last 10 days .

But is was a very good winter . If this the end , it ended with a bang in some areas

The point is , this is a city of 15 million and 25 million in the tri state area  and the NWS posts a Winter Storm Warning with 6 to 8 and local forecasters ignore it .

Shameful .

In the local forecasters defense it probably was never a good idea to ride the 24-36" NWS had on Jan 26th. Point is, the NWS messes up a lot and its up to the local forecasters to make their own call. I think still important to mention the winter storm warning and point how they differ from what the NWS is thinking

In the local forecasters defense it probably was never a good idea to ride the 24-36" NWS had on Jan 26th. Point is, the NWS messes up a lot and its up to the local forecasters to make their own call. I think still important to mention the winter storm warning and point how they differ from what the NWS is thinking

Yesterday s ENTIRE 12Z and 18Z suite advertised 6 plus at KNYC . Some more , but none less . When you have that kind of agreement 12 hours out and you forecast 1 to 3 or 1 to 4 you should be mocked .

Yesterday s ENTIRE 12Z and 18Z suite advertised 6 plus at KNYC . Some more , but none less . When you have that kind of agreement 12 hours out and you forecast 1 to 3 or 1 to 4 you should be mocked .

I've never seen the tv mets flip flop as much as I did with this storm. We all had the same data.  I don't get it.

JB whining hard today on the raging weather wimp about his lack of snow in his BY, pretty funny.

This entire forum would be up in arms if I-95 had the winters Central PA's had over the last decade. I-95 has been on a big time hot streak. State College averages more snow than Boston but several times didn't even catch up to NYC totals. In 05-06 there was essentially no snow besides little 1-2" systems after Christmas, and many PA ski resorts had to close. 2/11/06, which gave NYC it's record, was one of those 1-2"ers. It was beyond miserable.

Guest Pamela

This entire forum would be up in arms if I-95 had the winters Central PA's had over the last decade. I-95 has been on a big time hot streak. State College averages more snow than Boston but several times didn't even catch up to NYC totals. In 05-06 there was essentially no snow besides little 1-2" systems after Christmas, and many PA ski resorts had to close. 2/11/06, which gave NYC it's record, was one of those 1-2"ers. It was beyond miserable.

State College averages in the low to mid 50's, no?  Much more in the higher spots...in practically every direction.  Everybody north & west of Harrisburg usually has a good snowy winter in PA...Harrisburg, being east of the mountains...usually has mediocre winters. 

State College averages in the low to mid 50's, no?  Much more in the higher spots...in practically every direction.  Everybody north & west of Harrisburg usually has a good snowy winter in PA...Harrisburg, being east of the mountains...usually has mediocre winters. 

UNV averages about 45" per winter, the mountains of SW PA can reach 200" in a few spots due to the upslope. Johnstown averages about 75", Williamsport around 40". The area has had some decent and above average winters in the last 10 years but nothing hugely above average and some real stinkers. 

Guest Pamela

Steve D says we are done with snow. If you want snow next weekend go to Vermont he says..lol.

I would not rate him as my first choice for any type of meteorological advice...

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived