• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

Ha, ha.  Putting that info out is hype, non-scientific and a best an outlook, guess, generality.   Managements pressure to up ratings and following imho.

No, just my opinion on the overall pattern as a whole.  Now, posting snow maps via the GFS, that is hype.  And I don't need to drive traffic.  I've actually had to turn down some consulting jobs.  Too busy, so yeah......

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what's funny.  You guys sit here and criticize myself, JB, DT, and others and yet none of you have the guts to go out there in the public and make your forecasts known.  All you do is try to bring down other people.  It's pathetic.  I'm laying a challenge, before you guys starting throwing rocks through your glass houses, build a website or start a business, put your reputation and your career on the line every day, and put out a forecast.  A detailed, forecast.  Then bring it to clients and live or die with it.  I'm willing to bet about 80% of this forum wouldn't last a month in such an environment.

People love to criticize is all I can say but I definitely have a lot of respect for all of the forecasters for putting their thoughts out there to the public. I myself am most critical of JB but I must admit he does know what he's talking about despite the obvious bias.

Just keep doing what you're doing and forget the critics because they know maybe 5% of what you guys know.

People love to criticize is all I can say but I definitely have a lot of respect for all of the forecasters for putting their thoughts out there to the public. I myself am most critical of JB but I must admit he does know what he's talking about despite the obvious bias.

Just keep doing what you're doing and forget the critics because they know maybe 5% of what you guys know.

People who unnecessarily hype to drum up traffic should be criticized. Also forecasters like DT need to stop criticizing other professionals which is what he seems to do 50% of the time. Why should he care what any other forecaster says anyway?

People who unnecessarily hype to drum up traffic should be criticized. Also forecasters like DT need to stop criticizing other professionals which is what he seems to do 50% of the time. Why should he care what any other forecaster says anyway?

I don't blame them hyping to increase traffic as it is part of their business and no different from other media sources who do the same.

As long as the criticisms aren't childish then it's to make points to other forecasters though I know DT can go overboard sometimes. Just give me mostly informative scientific thoughts and I won't mind the extra hyperbole at times.

Luckily nobody pays attention to accuweather' s extended outlook cause people would be flipping out. It's basically warm all the way into January atleast for western long island. It does have a couple of cold days here and there but goes right back into the 50's after like two days of upper 30's!!!!!!!!

Speaking about AccuWeather, does anyone here remember if around Labor Day some meteorologist there actually called for a Thanksgiving  weekend storm?    I know I started looking at the long range daily analogs as provided on Earl Bakers page at that time and always saw a rain or snow threat near Thanksgiving.  Just the normal fluctations in the analogs or did someone really get this?   Comments.

Now THAT is a shocker JB going warmer and not colder, wonder if hes feeling alright today :lol:

He thinks there`s 3 to 5 at KNYC but it rains at some point from Philly to Boston  . Think AC to Asbury to Islip will be hard .

Maybe you get something Sat- Sun. Hang in there it`s November .

This does look better for N of 80 and W of 287 when looking at the punch at 700 .

He thinks there`s 3 to 5 at KNYC but it rains at some point from Philly to Boston . Think AC to Asbury to Islip will be hard .

Maybe you get something Sat- Sun. Hang in there it`s November .

This does look better for N of 80 and W of 287 when looking at the punch at 700 .

Cant be mad with the pattern we have for the upcoming winter. The anticipated blocking developing, weak el nino, predominant +PNA, -EPO etc. we will get our fair share of big snows this year IMO

Dan Zarrow/NJ 101.5

Afternoon models are in, and I'm increasingly confident about the accumulating snow in North Jersey... I'll hold onto my forecast of 4-8" north of I-78, with even high amounts up toward Sussex Co.

South Jersey, on the other hand, is a coin toss... Will it be the subfreezing air make it down that far to make it cold enough for snow? Will that snow actually accumulate on the ground? Who knows... I'll hesitantly keep my 2-4" north of I-195 and 1-2" in South Jersey forecast from this morning, but realistically it may be all rain.

I'll keep an eye on it, and I'll be in-studio all day tomorrow to help you navigate around the mess for your Thanksgiving getaway!

Steve D thinks surprises await. 700 is colder than expected.

Doesn't he say this on every storm when 700 is predicted to screw us? Not liking anyone's chances right now east of I95. Radar is pitiful for this region right now and 700's location right now is as forecasted when modeling went warmer 12z/18z yesterday.

Doesn't he say this on every storm when 700 is predicted to screw us? Not liking anyone's chances right now east of I95. Radar is oitiful for this region right now and 700's location right now is as forecasted when modeling went warmer 12z/18z yesterday.

He is wrong. Im still expecting rain with maybe some mangled flakes at the end. What an awful raw today ughhh

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived