Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

February 26 01:19 PM

This has the potential to put NYC and PHL at the brink of their all time records, which means I dont think 1-2 feet of new snow in the Sunday-Tuesday period is a laugh. It reminds me of the Feb 1967 blizzard also a 2 part storm where a wave came out first with a positively tilted trough and the southwest upper feature simply fed itself into the northern branch

2 feet is a stretch for either NYC or Philly, but that's JB, always going for the grand slam

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 26 01:19 PM

This has the potential to put NYC and PHL at the brink of their all time records, which means I dont think 1-2 feet of new snow in the Sunday-Tuesday period is a laugh. It reminds me of the Feb 1967 blizzard also a 2 part storm where a wave came out first with a positively tilted trough and the southwest upper feature simply fed itself into the northern branch

thanks for the quote.  maybe i misunderstood his twitter comment. maybe he was saying snow amounts nw of the big cities was underdone, vs. suggesting the big cities werent going to get big snow.

DT's first map has 10+ inches for NYC and southern NY state.

that's a really weird way to describe his first guess map.

how about "8-14 inches region wide"???   because that's exactly what his map says.

his map is completely uniform over our entire area... this includes new jersey, where oddly half this sub forum lives.

DT also said, "with all of the data extremely strong on the indication that the positive TNH  pattern is going to last through the entire month of March...  It's possible [ny/nj/ct] will break the all time snow records."

JB saying the system is complex and there's competition among waves and that those 2 are not great for big storms...ruh roh.  Reading JB over the years and reading b/w the lines, he's getting ready to pull the plug on the big amounts....

The standard 1-2 feet he calls for isn't happening. There might be some places that have above 12" but not many. I'd say the max snow zone is 8-12", maybe 8-14". Pretty comparable to the January events and early Feb. But the moisture should be plentiful enough for good snow along that zone.

JB saying the system is complex and there's competition among waves and that those 2 are not great for big storms...ruh roh.  Reading JB over the years and reading b/w the lines, he's getting ready to pull the plug on the big amounts....

Not yet He thinks the gfs and Euro are wrong. Just read him. Said the gfs is front running the 1st system and the euro is holding back energy. Said both may be in error mode .

He just said 1 to 2 feet in philly and nyc wasn't a laugh. But he never gave out totals

But he still thinks philly and cnj are a ft plus and nyc is close to a foot. Thinks it's all 12 to 1 ratios. Blah blah.

But wait until tomorrow to see if it's sorted. You know joe. He will not quit until Sunday nite.

Not yet He thinks the gfs and Euro are wrong. Just read him. Said the gfs is front running the 1st system and the euro is holding back energy. Said both may be in error mode .

He just said 1 to 2 feet in philly and nyc wasn't a laugh. But he never gave out totals

But he still thinks philly and cnj are a ft plus and nyc is close to a foot. Thinks it's all 12 to 1 ratios. Blah blah.

But wait until tomorrow to see if it's sorted. You know joe. He will not quit until Sunday nite.

I dunno-I've been reading JB for the past 15 years, and to me, this is his way out if need be.  

FWIW which isn't much, TWC upped totals from 5"-8" to 8"-12" for most of the NYC metro

I really hate bad mouthing TWC because they fueled my passion for weather as a kid- but they are so off latley. Like embarrassing. This afternoon they had the 12 inch line way up in like ce trap ny. They have become like the cras of models.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived