• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

it is extraordinary how unwatchable they have become. i literally feel anger when watching the weather channel. their insidious attempt to incorporate storms into their brand by naming them... and then vocally vomiting the name every 20 seconds for days on end is the equivalent of chinese water torture.

Weather channel is DEAD. Brings a tear to my eye they really got me into weather and to see them pretty much on the brink of failure is really sad.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things about the weather channel that I find incredible:

1 - that NBC believed that there was a business case for paying $5billion for it

2 - that they attempted to guilt Direct TV into carrying it recently, making it a matter of public safety, when they never show any weather in prime time unless/until a severe event is already underway.

Completely disagree on TWC.  Sure, the naming of storms is annoying, but that's a corporate decision and something their mets have to support if they want jobs.  More importantly, though, I think they've raised their game quite a bit with their expert discussions, even to the extent of discussing model output for at least the Euro and GFS, evaluating the pros and cons of each.  And I've always liked their field reporters, for the most part.  WeatherNation is pitiful, in contrast. 

Craig Allen

A stronger storm will be developing along the coast on Wednesday but the question still remains as to how close it will be, before
it tracks offshore. I think it's a good early bet for a couple inches of snow; whether or not it's more and calls out the plows remains to be seen.

The next chance will come next weekend as the same type of scenario sets up.
Sorry folks; winter is definitely still with us.

looks like plenty more threats on the long range and another visit by the pv as the mjo goes to phase 8. Good writeup anyway.

JB says expect a big 2 part storm, says the GFS is not far enough north with the big snows...expects a big storm with large totals from DCA north

where did he say that?

this is what he tweeted around 12:30pm-ish:

"Raging Weatherbull video discusses why GFS, as impressive as it is, is likely underdone on Major ne snow later next week n/w of big cities"

where did he say that?

"Raging Weatherbull video discusses why GFS, as impressive as it is, is likely underdone on Major ne snow later next week n/w of big cities"

where did he say that?

he says that in the video, that snows will be much further north and west of where the GFS has it...says the coastal will come much closer to the coast to deliver the goods vs the somewhat OTS solution the GFS has-says the whole NE will share in the goods from DCA on north.

where did he say that?

February 26 01:19 PM

This has the potential to put NYC and PHL at the brink of their all time records, which means I dont think 1-2 feet of new snow in the Sunday-Tuesday period is a laugh. It reminds me of the Feb 1967 blizzard also a 2 part storm where a wave came out first with a positively tilted trough and the southwest upper feature simply fed itself into the northern branch

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived