Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that may be too much. These storms are very delicate, and since it's rapidly developing some places might have a dry slot.

Perhaps but at the same time I have a strange feelings amounts are going to keep getting higher as we get up to the storm just based on what I'm seeing from the models. Not expecting much more than a couple of inches but it's not too far off from something considerably greater. 

Posting a reply from the end of Feb storm/cold thread:

Thats why i said 200+ hours out details are futile im just chalking this up to another commercial forecaster trying to be the first one to point out what happens and if it does tout it as his success. Anyway off commercial forecast exerpts.....

Why wouldn't that be a success for said forecaster? Sure, an accurate call from 10 days out was probably influenced by the luck of the draw to some extent, but as far as I'm concerned if you go out-on-a-limb and end up being close to the final solution, you have every right to call it a successful forecast. Long-term performance will dictate whether you're perceived as occasionally lucky or indeed skillful.

Posting a reply from the end of Feb storm/cold thread:

Why wouldn't that be a success for said forecaster? Sure, an accurate call from 10 days out was probably influenced by the luck of the draw to some extent, but as far as I'm concerned if you go out-on-a-limb and end up being close to the final solution, you have every right to call it a successful forecast. Long-term performance will dictate whether you're perceived as occasionally lucky or indeed skillful.

Your right it would be a feather in your cap and rightfully so, you nail a storm that could be among the biggest on the EC (theoretically speaking) you deserve the accolades. Im more concerned with down the line if they're ego's grow and that would start to diminish they're skill score so to speak when they start getting on a cold streak which EVERYONE endures. You start indirectly saying " hey i got this storm right so im pretty damn good at what i do", doing the wrong thing in my opinion with success

I created a March outlook. Hopefully it will turn out better than my February outlook.

http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewdiscussion&groupid=10&topicid=80892&Itemid=179

I created a March outlook. Hopefully it will turn out better than my February outlook.

http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewdiscussion&groupid=10&topicid=80892&Itemid=179

My take is that we have a good shot of not seeing much snow for March. Am I wrong? Frankly that's ok with me at this point.

Saw the weather channel for afew minutes yesterday and had to shut it off... must have said " seneca" (latest storm name) ten times in five minutes. And whats with the graphics? White/beige base maps on the satellite and other maps?

it is extraordinary how unwatchable they have become.  i literally feel anger when watching the weather channel.  their insidious attempt to incorporate storms into their brand by naming them... and then vocally vomiting the name every 20 seconds for days on end is the equivalent of chinese water torture.

it is extraordinary how unwatchable they have become.  i literally feel anger when watching the weather channel.  their insidious attempt to incorporate storms into their brand by naming them... and then vocally vomiting the name every 20 seconds for days on end is the equivalent of chinese water torture.

Have you seen WeatherNation? Imagine TWC with no real budget. It literally has anchors reading forecasts all day, which may or may not be up to date.This is Direct TV's answer. I'm ready to get rid of TV altogether.

Have you seen WeatherNation? Imagine TWC with no real budget. It literally has anchors reading forecasts all day, which may or may not be up to date.This is Direct TV's answer. I'm ready to get rid of TV altogether.

lol.  wow.  no... i have not seen weathernation.   thanks for giving me something to be thankful for! 

to me the weather channel is approaching Sesame Street status.  they are literally one step away from having fluffy puppets presenting the weather.  ...because having ryan seacrest clones doing the weather isnt paralyzingly disturbing enough!

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived