Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve D final forecast 2-4 north of a TTN to Sandy Hook line and 4-8 south

While I do like Steve D, I think it would have been more prudent to wait until tomorrow to issue his final forecast, he issued his preliminary snowfall forecast early yesterday afternoon. Figured he would have waited a bit longer then 11-12 hours between updates especially since he only likes to issue a preliminary and a final map.

FWIW, LC's longer range outlook indicated that after the Feb 8-9 action and brief following cold snap, winter weather will be pretty much kaput (although he's indicating some very nice potential for Wed and next weekend before that happens).

Too early.   Another 3-4 weeks after that....

some of these vendors are going a little too low IMO across north central NJ - the 4- 8 band should be going as far north as I -78 and METFAN don't know what he is looking at - Steve D is too low in north central NJ too 

I update my totals slightly with newest 18z information. 2-4 northern NJ(I-80 north), and included central NJ with 3-5.

attachicon.gif1891090_642321075815154_1591791117_n.jpgHe just updated his final call...

Can you actually update a last call?? a last call is a last call whether you are right or wrong. I did notice he moved his 4-8" area further north but doesn't seem by much. This was why I felt a couple of the mets posted their last/final call maps a bit to early.

Can you actually update a last call?? a last call is a last call whether you are right or wrong. I did notice he moved his 4-8" area further north but doesn't seem by much. This was why I felt a couple of the mets posted their last/final call maps a bit to early.

Yeah why lock yourself into a last/final call 12 hours out with all the models still trending wetter?

Larry Cosgrove

The storm slated for the eastern half of the nation (KS/OK/TX to the Eastern Seaboard during the Saturday to Tuesday period looks to be a monster for Appalachia and the Atlantic Coastal Plain...especially above the VA/NC line. 976MB core pressure at sable Island NS at 6 PM ET February 10.

In plain English, this means that after the mess of the current storm and that of Tues PM/Wed, lots of snow and wind for the big cities. More to come..

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived