joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah don't have the good feelings I had a week ago, but we'll see what happens. There defitnely will be storms.

I hope it doesn't end up cold and dry...If that's the case in March..then I'd prefer Morch. But we know we don't have that coming. I have a feeling the block is going to do us no good and we watch Virginia get pounded by 2-3 feet

Yeah don't have the good feelings I had a week ago, but we'll see what happens. There defitnely will be storms.

Yup.  Just continue with the rain right through to the start of severe season.  Just in time for Wiz to be dancing in the streets naked, holding a 40oz of Colt 45, awaiting the threat of thunderstorms.

I hope it doesn't end up cold and dry...If that's the case in March..then I'd prefer Morch. But we know we don't have that coming. I have a feeling the block is going to do us no good and we watch Virginia get pounded by 2-3 feet

I fear cold and dry through early April and then a rainy cool April/May.   No thanks.

I feel like we are doing a slow and painful death to this winter.

In an overall crappy scheme for south of 42 we for lucky for a week or two, we should be happy. We had 1-2 blizzards and some nice little events. But that pattern shifted out and this one kind of blows for snow for much of SNE.

I hope we can get a favorable window again in March but feel it will be random. Models as usual provided Charlie Brown promise of blocks and favorable MJO in the long range only to fade as things approached. 1-2 good storms saved this winter from a climo standpoint so far.

March won't be Morch, we will get some snow for a change and we won't be swimming in the ocean like we were last year. Is what it is

messengers tractor just creeped a little closer to the front of the barn

As I was taking my Leslie Nielsen extended morning wizz while looking at the lawn this morning I had my groundhog moment. Do I fertilize as the lawn is already greening ever so slightly, or do I go the conservative route and put down lime. About three minutes in (hydrated last night for gym today) I decided to lime. I don't think winter is done yet, I just think Snorch is anymore likely than normal March.

People were punting this winter as early as mid December and despite a couple snow events in between that and the blizzard people still were. Winter made it up to most with that event, and even last week's one as well. I think the set-up for March is as good as it can get relatively speaking, and like you said Rollo, some, if not most will see another snow event or two. I like to call this a "bottom heavy" winter, where most of the fun stuff happened towards the end of Met winter.

As I was taking my Leslie Nielsen extended morning wizz while looking at the lawn this morning I had my groundhog moment. Do I fertilize as the lawn is already greening ever so slightly, or do I go the conservative route and put down lime. About three minutes in (hydrated last night for gym today) I decided to lime. I don't think winter is done yet, I just think Snorch is anymore likely than normal March.

The next two weeks look agonizing .........little tid bit, orh is now above normal for Feb, that makes 6 straight winter months above normal there.  BOS and BDL will end less than -1 for the month, 80% of the days since the blizzard have been above normal in SNE.  The far interior has done ok, and you guys had that dust a couple weeks back, but for the majority its been dismal since Feb 9th to say the least.

The next two weeks look agonizing .........little tid bit, orh is now above normal for Feb, that makes 6 straight winter months above normal there. BOS and BDL will end less than -1 for the month, 80% of the days since the blizzard have been above normal in SNE. The far interior has done ok, and you guys had that dust a couple weeks back, but for the majority its been dismal since Feb 9th to say the least.

If the majority is CT then yes.

The next two weeks look agonizing .........little tid bit, orh is now above normal for Feb, that makes 6 straight winter months above normal there. BOS and BDL will end less than -1 for the month, 80% of the days since the blizzard have been above normal in SNE. The far interior has done ok, and you guys had that dust a couple weeks back, but for the majority its been dismal since Feb 9th to say the least.

We have thought a favorable pattern was inbound maybe 6-7 times this winter it worked out so far once for SNE. Now we battle moderated air masses but I bet we still get things to align right for at least some of us.

No doubt we have started to warm, I am surprised Worcester ended up above normal.

Between the blizzard, the almost blizzard and the 4" cement we had a great 30 days here. I will not complain and for many reasons would prefer a normal, crappy march to reset us to normal. ( by crappy I mean normal.... IE we are not walking around shirtless and in shorts on st pattys day)

Yesterday on TWC Dr Greg Postel gave the outlook for the next 3 months. Here is how things broke down temp wise for us here in New England.

March:Well Above

April: Above Normal

May: Much Above Normal

Also there is an interesting slide show on the TWC site.....Global Warming:States Most and Least Affected in Winter.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-climate-change-by-state-20130226

Yesterday on TWC Dr Greg Postel gave the outlook for the next 3 months. Here is how things broke down temp wise for us here in New England.

March:Well Above

April: Above Normal

May: Much Above Normal

Also there is an interesting slide show on the TWC site.....Global Warming:States Most and Least Affected in Winter.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-climate-change-by-state-20130226

What locations is that for? Not so sure about March being well above normal, especially with our current pattern for the next couple weeks.

Archived