• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Second Half of February 2013

MAG5035

Could argue for a bit more northern extent of precip out of the NAM given that it pops the coastal low in SE VA and runs the deepening low over the Delmarva. Even with the flat trajectory that should be a pretty good look for at least I-80 south. 

I wondered about that. Normally that's a pretty good track for us.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could argue for a bit more northern extent of precip out of the NAM given that it pops the coastal low in SE VA and runs the deepening low over the Delmarva. Even with the flat trajectory that should be a pretty good look for at least I-80 south. 

I agree. The qpf field has some very random SW dive over the Laurels. i only get .24 on the Nam. There will be a sharp gradient but I think its going to be more W to E then NE to SW. I think compared to all the other models the Nam has given me the least now.

Could argue for a bit more northern extent of precip out of the NAM given that it pops the coastal low in SE VA and runs the deepening low over the Delmarva. Even with the flat trajectory that should be a pretty good look for at least I-80

south.

Trajectory is bad though its headed ene instead of up the coast.

I'm a little surprised NWS Pittsburgh went with advisories, considering the constant stream of warnings west (adjacent counties have warnings for 6-8") and the watch/warning products issued east of them.

[url=http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=92586]US.png[/

url]

Just speculation on my part, but possibly their a bit cautious after going too bold a couple of times in February, and things not panning out.

Archived