Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 16/17 Storm Observations

Zelocita Weather

Light flurries in Point Pleasant Boro and just got this alert

Special Statement
Mobile & Email Alerts Statement as of 8:57 PM EST on February 16, 2013

... Snow this evening will cause slippery stretches of pavements
along the coasts of southern New Jersey and Delaware...

Snow has become widespread along the southern New Jersey coast
down into southeast Delaware. The combination of snow at varying
and mostly light rates... with temperatures near freezing... will cause
stretches of untreated pavement to become slippery.

This includes southern portions of the garden state Parkway down
into Georgetown... Lewes and Bethany Delaware. Most of the snow at
845 PM in New Jersey was confined to the nearest 15 miles or so of
the Atlantic coast.

Be alert for changing Road conditions.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suffolk County, Long Island is the sweet spot for this coastal storm (3-5" forecasted).   Period of light snow or flurries for NYC overnight.  Dusting at most!  A close call though as per the radar with ~75 miles west making the difference.    NWS radar below is time sensitive: 

http://radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=okx&product=N1P&loop=yes

Suffolk County, Long Island is the sweet spot for this coastal storm (3-5" forecasted).   Period of light snow or flurries for NYC overnight.  Dusting at most!  A close call though as per the radar with ~75 miles west making the difference.    NWS radar below is time sensitive: 

http://radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=okx&product=N1P&loop=yes

..@11:45 light snow.31*

hoping to cash in tonite..NWS has me @3.2"..here in

eastport LI..

I think so. The band doesn't really show any signs of retreating east. We'll definitely be under this band for at least 3 more hours.

..that band S of LI hopefully will get here..thin band

of darker echoes..still snowing..about 1/2" on top of 

existing pack.31* 

This band just does not want to give up. The band is consolidating and taking a more N S component than a NE SW component like it was before.  Almost an inch here and this band looks to stay put for at least another hour.

im one or two miles west of it! Its a mini version of feb 10! Oh well it wasnt to be here at least i have had constent light snow and a dusting a few miles even more west and they cannot buy a flake. philly radar is showing some 20dbz moving futther west twords Nassua

im one or two miles west of it! Its a mini version of feb 10! Oh well it wasnt to be here at least i have had constent light snow and a dusting a few miles even more west and they cannot buy a flake. philly radar is showing some 20dbz moving futther west twords Nassua

Radar looks to be enhancing here, and not one flake. The dry air is killing anyone west of where that main band is set up. Cruel, just like a few days ago!! :axe:

Had about 20 minutes of moderate snow. Otherwise dittos here in NE Nassau.

This band just does not want to give up. The band is consolidating and taking a more N S component than a NE SW component like it was before.  Almost an inch here and this band looks to stay put for at least another hour.

..wonder if that band will eventually head east or just

dry up?...western flank is very dry..31* still a light snow falling.

Got a coating in NW Wantagh took a drive to SE Wantagh by my house 3 miles SE and there is a half inch. Pretty insane gradient with that nice band that set up. I cant wait to see the obs from the jackpot area in Central Suffolk that was under 35 dbs for a couple hours! (at least an isolated 5 if not way higher)

2.0 inches new snow in Port Jefferson as of 4:05 AM this morning with a total of 12.0" on the ground....mostly from previous storms.
Heaviest snow fell around 1:00 AM.  Light snow falling currently.  Temp 25.8 F.

Archived