• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter 2012-13 Thread IV

klw

We’ve had very light snow for the past hour or so here in Burlington, but in the past few minutes it has really picked up and visibility is down to probably ¾ mile.  The radar shows a band pushing through the area now from the north with some 30 db echoes in there:

20FEB13B.gif

Advisory out for upslope snow tonight and tomorrow...

Thanks for the heads up – I see that it stretches all the way down to eastern Addison County:

20FEB13A.jpg

The map has us in that 6-8/8-10” zone, and our point forecast through tomorrow sums to 6-11”, so that seems to be in reasonable agreement.

20FEB13B.jpg

I’m not sure exactly how things will go in the lower elevations, but it should be fun to see how it unfolds.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking BM for this weekend's track is encouraging, though a somewhat greater northerly component after that would be prferable. If it heads E/ENE, inland central Maine/NH gets another fringing. Still looks better than last weekend's glorified dusting.

from afternoon AFD from GYX:

AN IMPULSE ROUNDING THE BASE OF THIS UPPER LOW GIVES RISES TO A
SIGNIFICANT OCEAN LOW SOUTH OF LONG ISLAND SATURDAY NIGHT. THE
TRACK IS ACROSS THE 40N/70W BENCHMARK...BUT EASTERLY. IF THIS
TRACK PANS OUT THERE WILL BE A TIGHT SOUTH-TO- NORTH GRADIENT IN
PRECIPITATION WITH THE HIGHEST SNOW AMOUNTS FOUND FROM SOUTHEAST
NEW HAMPSHIRE INTO SOUTHWEST MAINE

Talking BM for this weekend's track is encouraging, though a somewhat greater northerly component after that would be prferable. If it heads E/ENE, inland central Maine/NH gets another fringing. Still looks better than last weekend's glorified dusting.

Looked like .75" up to you or close to it

Looking really good tonight for a VERY fluffy 6-10 inches along the spine. 

Sundays system has some interesting features. The interaction with a norther stream low could produce a band of very heavy snow in the ADK.  Not sure I'm sold on it being a major player for Nor VT.  Not that another 6-8 wouldn't be awesome.

Just not sold on it being a big bomb up here.  At least not yet.  Too much of an east component to its modeled movement once it gets up around NYC. 

Event totals: 4.6” Snow/0.27” L.E.

2" now. I think this may be 2"/hr here now.

Yeah, I’d say the rate here is similar – we had 1.9” in the past 45 min, so ~2.5”/hr.  This event just pushed season snowfall past the century mark; it’s already over a half a foot of accumulation.

I cleared off the back deck this morning and put down my accumulation markers to monitor the subsequent accumulations – I’ve got the J&E Productions Web Cam running, so use the link if anyone wants to monitor accumulations at this location in real time:

20FEB13C.jpg

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 2.2 inches

New Liquid: 0.05 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 44.0

Snow Density: 2.3% H2O

Temperature: 24.6 F

Sky: Heavy Snow (3-15 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 10.0 inches

Not getting the ridiculous rates here, obviously, but 1.5" down so far this evening and snowing moderately. Hope to get a bit more before it starts dumping more on the west slopes.

Less and less as you move away from the spine, almost 6" for PF, 1.5" for you and only about .25 for me.  At least it looked like I got a little more than downtown Montpelier last night  :weight_lift: 

Less and less as you move away from the spine, almost 6" for PF, 1.5" for you and only about .25 for me.  At least it looked like I got a little more than downtown Montpelier last night  :weight_lift: 

Had 3" here or just a hair under at the house from last night's event...but didn't go downtown today to see how it was. What did you get, mreaves?

Archived