Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2013 Tornado Radar Images

andyhb

• 2 weeks later...

This is a picture of the Hattiesburg supercell a while after it passed through the city.

One of the most well-defined boundary weak echo region (BWER) I have ever seen. Personally I'd say it tops the one associated with the supercell that spawned the EF4 Cullam, AL tornado back on April 27, 2011.

Smoothed the color table to make it more visually appealing:

73971829.png

This is a picture of the Hattiesburg supercell a while after it passed through the city.

One of the most well-defined boundary weak echo region (BWER) I have ever seen. Personally I'd say it tops the one associated with the supercell that spawned the EF4 Cullam, AL tornado back on April 27, 2011.

Smoothed the color table to make it more visually appealing:

73971829.png

A lot of supercells have that feature.  The only reason why you noted it on the Hattiesburg and Cullman supercells is because they were far from any radar, so the BWER was being detected at 0.5 deg because the beam was pretty high up.  If you look on other tilts of other supercells, you'll see similarly impressive BWERs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a TDWR Tilt 1 .gif of the 20 May 2013 storm evolution from TOKC.  Data compliments of Plymouth State.  Someone with better .gif editing skills can mess around with the dwell and repeat if you like.

1%20OKC_TR0_1305201859_1280x960_none__13

https://yvu0og.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pQR6jUUnnDBcU4ppEq_VeRS4hm_R_odKTq_7xGcSANHHHaIR7qjl355jPX0DjIYaxqK0KX5aL8x52Sv2XkUR8iETKqMktviRp--mxq4N-D9o/1%20OKC_TR0_1305201859_1280x960_none__13_an.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the El Reno shots 

There's some data from the KOUN radar site floating around that I'll get my hands on soon. 

Both Level 2 shots have the correct storm motions set, so my final reading was about 295 knots

Strongest couplet I have ever seen 

(Ignore the MPH tag in the upper left) 

Level 3 

(Maxed out pallet)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived