SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree 100%.  Funny thing is, that last band that looked really good, literally got within a mile of my neighborhood and fell apart and reformed a couple of miles on the other side of me.  Oh well.  It was a nice snow.

Lets face it, the triangle is snake bit when it comes to snow, with people south and east of cashing in, again. I am getting numb to these disappointments, I just hope we torch now and next winter.

That exceeds warning criteria for a 12hr period per the MHX CWA, glad they stuck with an advisory, warning is usually the death nail, great event!  Picked up my seasonal avg, should have a bit on the ground tomorrow to play, not quite enough for sledding, but still the white.  Should be all gone Monday, thinking it sticks around for one day...

That exceeds warning criteria for a 12hr period per the MHX CWA, glad they stuck with an advisory, warning is usually the death nail, great event!  Picked up my seasonal avg, should have a bit on the ground tomorrow to play, not quite enough for sledding, but still the white.  Should be all gone Monday, thinking it sticks around for one day...

You got more accumulation than I did in Fountain. I never saw more than about an inch on the ground at any given time. Now, how much fell is, I am sure, a completely different matter.

Lets face it, the triangle is snake bit when it comes to snow, with people south and east of cashing in, again. I am getting numb to these disappointments, I just hope we torch now and next winter.

I hear ya. I don't know if I'm at the "gimme the torch" stage yet, though. and now, all of a sudden, there's some out of the blue development over Wake Co. Of course the bottom portion is literally a mile east of me. Haha!

Glad it was an overachiever for SOMEBODY...ROFLOL...not here...we barely have a half inch on the ground and it snowed pretty good for 2 solid hours AFTER SUNSET...I don't want to hear squat about how warm ground/surface temps don't cut into accumulations...

Edit:  Plus, it RAINED here for a solid hour or more before the snow started...that doesn't help either

Staring to pick up again, smaller flakes, thinking rate should be 15+ for whatever is left given the temps aloft, 9pm to midnight, lets see what the WidreMann event has left, already an overachiever...

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Went out and watched this roll in,the sun was out here then dark clouds like a squall line advanced but you could see the snow shafts underneath them.You could see the white just progress across from a couple hundred yards away.

Very cool to see.

I'm just a few miles south of you and I saw the same thing. Very cool. Probably a once in a lifetime thing. Very much like a summer squall line.

Archived