SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm on the backside. It stated snowing at 8am and snowed until 6:00pm. Most of my measurable snow fell around 9-11am, 2-3pm and ~4pm. All of it melted soon after falling. Lowest temp has been 33.1f which is right now. Impressive 10 hour snow for being above freezing. I probably have 1/2" in some areas that did not melt. Also, I drove to Schley/Caldwell around 4pm and there is around 1-2" in northern orange county.

Congrats to the folks in/near CLT ! It's about time you got to experience thundersnow.

I think the Triad is not going to get any of the "meso-storm" moving east thru CLT, despite what RAP still says.

The radar shows the northern edge of it skirting just south of us.

No complaints though - enjoyed watching the flakes falling today.

Be careful driving!

Well I am not going to lie my morale is shot after hobbling out of this with nothing on the ground. It was nice to see it fall but 8 hours of snowfall with no result is tough. If there is another event before time expires it better be at night.

attachicon.gifsnow 216133.jpg

attachicon.gifsnow 216132.jpg

White Lobsters!!  :thumbsup:  Much better than locusts!

attachicon.gifsnow 216131.jpg

Sweet!! Congrats! 

I would love to see some vids out of Columbia where those bright reds are showing up on radar..........................please ;0

I wasn't fast enough to capture the 25 grauple pellets in the brief 30 second shower that rolled threw :lol: 

We just had thunder snow with graupal, snow, lightening, wind, fast accumulation in the grass.  it was wonderful and I'm happy now if we get nothing else here in Lexington, SC.

Glad to hear you got in on that band moving threw :)

Well I am not going to lie my morale is shot after hobbling out of this with nothing on the ground. It was nice to see it fall but 8 hours of snowfall with no result is tough. If there is another event before time expires it better be at night.

I would have loved nothing better than to have watched it snow all day  :angry:  :(      I don't feel bad for you  :P 

Rankin asked me to upload this. I think he is around the Clover side of Gastonia...just incredible. 

duqyjof.jpg

Thanks my brotha! I could not get it to load. We are at 5.25" now. Had a big tree branch come down. Missed the house/MASTER bedroom by a foot.mheavy wet snow here and 32 degrees. Thanks again Burger!

NICE!  There's light snow here too...just to our west there is a very nice moderate band developing and I am hoping it will drift east and stall right over me!

New Belgium Snow Day chilling on the back deck...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1361057028.999221.jpg

Traded in the old mag light led snow detector for a new 14 diode Cree XPG floodlight, sucker rocks, and is currently detecting -SN

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1361057132.354682.jpg

Archived