SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow ! My first convective/squall experience! It was sunny,but you could see the dark clouds coming from the North,looked just like a summertime thunderstorm rolling in.then all heck broke loose! Small flakes at first ,then within minutes heavy snow and snow pellets.the snow pellets were up to pea-size.after that heavy snow for atleast an hour ,with "white locusts" floating down:).picked up about 1 inch on grassy areas and cars.Finally looks like winter. In my opinion,the GFS was dead on with this the last day or two

Snow Locusts ftw!!! I'm thinking we've got about 3 inches!!

Haven't read 20 pages or so but congrats to all who are seeing the snow. I am sure that some mountain  peeps are getting it but Asheville-Weaverville area is not. Was snowing when around the UNCA exit coming home from work but up here in the ville it is bright sunshine with a few clouds. We have the wind and the cold though. Just another bitter pill to swallow from the last 2 yrs! Current obs sunny, very windy, & 28.0°

That's good news...as is the latest RAP.  You think we can squeeze out another inch or two?

"Another inch or two", I still have just a dusting, very spotty.  I really don't think we are, we need that band in CLT to expand north and that doesn't look it's happening, although RAH said after 8pm so maybe.

Archived