SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's coming -- don't worry about temps. Once the snow starts, they absolutely crash. The cool thing about the approach is if you go outside with a good westward vantage point, you can actually see the big snow cloud approaching.This is by far the coolest less-than-one-inch snowstorm I've experienced.Good luck!

Yep. I saw the exact same thing. You could see it coming from the west. Saw it about 30 minutes before it reached me.

They updated the forecast too to 1-3" for tonight, not sure WTF to believe.  Obviously they are looking at more than the RAP.

Snow, mainly before 10pm. Low around 25. West wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

I'm pretty confident I am done here.  

Already 1"+ , crazy, went from the city where it was barely accumulating on the grass, half way home there was a dusting, started to get out where I live and everything is coated, even the roads were starting to take on some white spots.  Will post pics in a sec, have to put away groceries.  If this can keep up for the evening, could hit out seasonal avg.

I am on the northern edge of the snow band. It doesn't look very intense on radar but I got serious rates and thundersnow. About 20 minutes ago it looked like the radar returns were showing that the snow was about over but I just now looked and it is filling back in west of here over Hickory. That is where this band came from. Snow began almost an hour ago and I have close to two inches and the roads are covered. Temp was 38 when it started and its down to 33 now. Snow is now very light and almost stopped. Hopefully the backfill moves over me in the next hour.

I was wondering how it was going up there cause it looked like you were getting hammered...nice!  You have a nice 850-700 mb frontogenesis maximum right over you right now...rock on!

Visible loop is showing the center of the low just SE of ILM right now starting to move its way up the coast...

Already 1"+ , crazy, went from the city where it was barely accumulating on the grass, half way home there was a dusting, started to get out where I live and everything is coated, even the roads were starting to take on some white spots.  Will post pics in a sec, have to put away groceries.  If this can keep up for the evening, could hit out seasonal avg.

Archived