Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Great Blizzard of 2013 Cleanup

CT Rain

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people I know don't. The transmission lines got taken out in many places.

The problem they're having is some of the transmission lines are in wooded areas that are almost impassable right now.

They'll have most up and running in the next 36-42 hours from what they're saying but no doubt there are going to be stragglers into the weekend.

Look at the site, see where and how observing occurred, interview observer, etc. 

In a storm like this... you could have 35" and measure on a deck and come up with 40" with snow blowing off roof etc. 

I agree. Leave it at that.  New Haven County got a ton of snow, Who cares how much.  Enjoy the snow.

I live in the area that had the jackpot seymour, oxford, hamden, milford, derby, etc... It was absolutely incredible driving back from norwalk today ( i was stuck at the station for 2 days) they only had 22".. the piles as I drove east were amazing.. I was talking with people all night and the reports were so consistent with others and the radar at the time. I actually think most people saw 38-42" but fell asleep before the storm ended and the last few inches compacted and or blew away.. because as most of the top reporters went to sleep they were between 33-36" then went to bed and it snowed for 3-4 more hours after.. I've never seen anything like this before.. bridgeport is a disaster area, had to bring my wife to work because she was stuck in shelton, she walked a mile to meet me then I drove to ST. Vincents in Bridgeport and had to walk her to the hospital bc roads were unpassable.. 52" pools are covered everywhere, every single town around here has over 3' just unreal.. 

There are still cars stranded in the middle of roads in New Haven. A plow-equipped Hummer was still stuck on State Street (main road) right here at the station even this afternoon. (It looked like it may have finally been getting dug out a little while ago)

Common snow drifts of 7-8 feet up to the tops of doors and over. Incredible.

I live in the area that had the jackpot seymour, oxford, hamden, milford, derby, etc... It was absolutely incredible driving back from norwalk today ( i was stuck at the station for 2 days) they only had 22".. the piles as I drove east were amazing.. I was talking with people all night and the reports were so consistent with others and the radar at the time. I actually think most people saw 38-42" but fell asleep before the storm ended and the last few inches compacted and or blew away.. because as most of the top reporters went to sleep they were between 33-36" then went to bed and it snowed for 3-4 more hours after.. I've never seen anything like this before.. bridgeport is a disaster area, had to bring my wife to work because she was stuck in shelton, she walked a mile to meet me then I drove to ST. Vincents in Bridgeport and had to walk her to the hospital bc roads were unpassable.. 52" pools are covered everywhere, every single town around here has over 3' just unreal.. 
Great report, that's Blizz of 78 esque right there. I

There are still cars stranded in the middle of roads in New Haven. A plow-equipped Hummer was still stuck on State Street (main road) right here at the station even this afternoon. (It looked like it may have finally been getting dug out a little while ago)

Common snow drifts of 7-8 feet up to the tops of doors and over. Incredible.

Pics Quicny, pics

I've been Tweeting and posting a lot online. I'll see if I can add some to the photo thread. It may take a while. Been working insane days with very little rest/time to even post on here!
I've been Tweeting and posting a lot online. I'll see if I can add some to the photo thread. It may take a while. Been working insane days with very little rest/time to even post on here!
Cool just followed you and checked them out, insane

Yep almost saw a guy eat a wall of snow at 70mph had to slam on my brakes to let him in cause it came up do fast around a corner that neither of us saw it. He cleared it by like 200 ft max, which at 70mph is not much.

Yeah.....we went up to UConn today and I quickly learned to avoid that far right lane....it ends and you have like half second to move over....three times I had to move over to let a guy in like you describe....man the amount of snow out there is unreal....

I got 19 Inches, that jives with what other towns in my area had for totals. Saw 3 flashes of lightning and had true blizzard conditions IMO. Just got power on heating up the house that got down to 43 by the digital thermostat. We also have a small tree down (Pond St, Halifax) saw several trees and limbs down on Elm st, Halifax/Hanson Line, Limbs down all along Rt.27.

i buy it. i watch'd radar like a hawk, and if i pull'd 28, ya i buy that someone out there had 12 more than me, radar was better out there for most of middle and end of storm. no question.

Tolland did an absolute bang up job on the roads during this historic 3 foot blizzard..While the rest of the state and Mass struggles..we know how to roll

Tolland

I've been watching the news and hear all the different things of all the different towns That still have roads that have not been plowed. We have pushed back all the snow as far as it's going to go your roads are all open .tomorrow I will have the loaders out moving all the intersections so you can see pulling out . And starting to open the schools parking lots. And I would like to thank the residents for all their compliments and support and I will also like to thank my staff who did an outstanding job So as we pull last truck in for the night see you tomorrow223475_295138780611935_873388851_n.jpg

Archived