joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8/9 Blizzard of 13' Images

TalcottWx

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is absolutely fantastic thanks Mike and come back soon!!!

Woops, I should have been clearer...that's not my video but I'm a member of his storm chasing group on Facebook. I took some video as well but I'm almost certain it won't be nearly that incredible. I really wanted to find something that did justice to my experience walking around Back Bay early Saturday morning...glad I found it!

Sorry about that!

Nice shots! I think the absolute worst here was from 7-1 or so. That's when it was true whiteout, on par with the worst from jan '05 and April '97.

I found the wind evolution interesting...very strong with whiteout conditions from about 8-10 on Friday before calming down for a few hours. Then around 1am it was like someone dropped the hammer. At one point I literally could not get down one of the streets running by the Hancock and had to seek out shelter. I'd assume that's when the 70mph gusts were coming into play.

I found the wind evolution interesting...very strong with whiteout conditions from about 8-10 on Friday before calming down for a few hours. Then around 1am it was like someone dropped the hammer. At one point I literally could not get down one of the streets running by the Hancock and had to seek out shelter. I'd assume that's when the 70mph gusts were coming into play.

I actually agree with that too. That's when the low made its closest pass and deepened rapidly. 

Archived