SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 8/9 Blizzard of 13' Images

TalcottWx

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a blast. I drove from Ohio to witness this. I stayed in Auburn, MA which is right outside of Worcester. Had roughly 30" there. Was impossible to measure due to the 60mph winds. But I got a lot of pics and will post them soon, once I get them on photobucket.

love the fact all you guys chased this, awesome, come back soon>

Here's the bubble that collapsed in town yesterday . Huge athletic complex where my girls play indoor soccer every week. 34-35 inches of snow was too much..though with it being a bubble, and powder snow..it's odd that it would go down''  That's I-84 in the background heading westbound

Noooooo, Not the bubble!  I was just there a few weeks ago.

Here's a quick vid of some genius that ventured out about 12:30 Saturday morning......from my sons room upstairs.....look at the lights for wind clues....

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y503/jmccabe001/7E4C982D-47C7-4BE0-916E-87EFD299ABD9-1247-0000014880C90423_zps77a258d4.mp4

Error message when trying to open.

get photobucket app, sign up, copy image tag, post here.

Can you do multiple photos into one post using that service?  Right now I just post from my computer straight to AmericanWX, but space is limited.

I find those photo sharing sites a double edged sword.  It's nice to share, but the photos become public for anyone once you do.

Can you do multiple photos into one post using that service?  Right now I just post from my computer straight to AmericanWX, but space is limited.

I find those photo sharing sites a double edged sword.  It's nice to share, but the photos become public for anyone once you do.

no you can set your folder to private and yes you can do multiple images, just copy each img tag

no you can set your folder to private and yes you can do multiple images, just copy each img tag

I just set this up......are you able to embed the video rather than a link?  The IMG and HTML tag did something wierd.......but the Direct tag worked to put in a link......I like this though....easy to use.....

love to hear people traveling here for a storm like this, thx for sharing pics. love the 2'nd to last one.

where are rirob's pics from......Bos?

Yea, guy came out looking for his car. I asked what color it was and he said white, I was like "is that it over there" lol. It was something to see. We get snow in Ohio, but we don't get winds like that. Next time I'll be more prepared so I can be out in it more during. The road crews in Mass are amazing. Highways cleared just a couple hours after the snow had stopped.

The best image of this type I've seen... Incredibly low spectral width throughout the column as the megaband was overhead.  Heavy, heavy snow.   Normally once you get over 5-6 km (in snow events) the spectral width goes sharply to the right as signal drops off and your velocity measurements start turning to noise.  Squalls are usually only in the lowest 2-3 km.  In this case the signal is strong up to 9.5 km.

post-992-0-72702000-1360606201_thumb.png

Archived