Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
blizzard of 2013 discussion

forkyfork

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, the chaos here among posters is just ridiculous. We always knew from the first moment that we were the transition zone between a crazy snow event or a more moderate event, and that northeast of us was always favored for the worst impacts. To me, the Euro didn't make any kind of crazy shift. People need to really calm down and just let this unfold. I still think, even with this MINOR shift, that we all have a very nice event. Time to watch the satellites/radar/WV from here on out for the most part.

voice of reason!

Seriously, the chaos here among posters is just ridiculous. We always knew from the first moment that we were the transition zone between a crazy snow event or a more moderate event, and that northeast of us was always favored for the worst impacts. To me, the Euro didn't make any kind of crazy shift. People need to really calm down and just let this unfold. I still think, even with this MINOR shift, that we all have a very nice event. Time to watch the satellites/radar/WV from here on out for the most part.

Yep....nice nice event ahead. Everyone acts like I was expecting 30" to now get 5 lol....my original thinking was 11-14 and I still think we get it

Yup. Looks like all snow, except maybe a little bit in the afternoon, but I don't have access to soundings. It's a cold run. 

And with likely decent ratios as the heights crash, anyone could be complaining? lol, for a lot of people this could be just as much or more snow than a more wrapped up solution with warmer temps. Still looks very, very impressive to me.

Yep....nice nice event ahead. Everyone acts like I was expecting 30" to now get 5 lol....my original thinking was 11-14 and I still think we get it

My call still holds. I still think well over a foot for the immediate NYC metro and east. It would take a huge collapse IMO at this point to get an event that isn't impressive for us. Boston will likely get more snow than us, deal with it. And this system will likely have many surprises up its sleeve.

imean for those of you complainingabout this run of the euro, areyou kidding me,it is very clos eto 12za little less qpf buti didnt cave to the gfs or anything

Little less is likely 2.0 qpf in NYC instead of 2.2 qpf. Lol big whoop. Higher ratios late in the event too so that must be accounted for as well.

Little less is likely 2.0 qpf in NYC instead of 2.2 qpf. Lol big whoop. Higher ratios late in the event too so that must be accounted for as well.

exactly, Boxing Day only had 1.61" at NYC and .99 at JFK...ill take 2.00" and run....

Euro still would be a 12-16 inch storm as I see it....Boston looks like 20-30 or so....it was their storm anyway before this whole NAM fiasco began in the 12z runs

voice of reason all of the sudden.....when is your map coming out?

No map...maybe if I get a few more requests ill make one though ;) and I've been thinking these amounts for the past 24 hours or so...I think some of my negative posts about certain model runs made it seem as if I was banking on 30-40" or something

Archived