forkyfork

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Thinking:

1-3"-Wilmington, DE and southwest

3-6"-Reading, Philly (closer to 6"), Atlantic City

6-12"-Doylestown, Allentown, Scranton, down SE to Ocean County, NJ

12-18"-East of the Delaware River down to Trenton, east to Monmouth County, NJ, due north through eastern NY, including all of N NJ, NYC area, all of SE NY except areas bordering CT

18-24"+-Much of Long Island, except perhaps Twin Forks, all of CT and on NE from there. Local spots to 30" where banding sits around.

Shots in the dark at individual totals:

Baltimore/DC-1 or 2"

Philly-5"

Allentown-10"

Trenton-12"

Atlantic City-6"

Newark-17"

White Plains-18"

NYC/Central Park-16" (Zookeeper always tough to guess)

JFK-16" (for some reason they usually measure low)

Islip-20"

Upton-22"

Bridgeport-19"

Hartford-20" (CT River shadowing can be a pain there)

Providence-22"

Montauk-13"

Worcester-29"

Boston-25"

Highest total: Norwood, MA-32"

I don't think rain or sleet mixing will be a huge deal for most. If you miss out on a few inches through mixing, you can make up for it in an hour by being lucky with a convective band later at night. Everyone should have a couple or few inches by early afternoon, but I do think though that the south shore has to deal with the pings or even drops for a few hours in the afternoon, perhaps even the city. Everyone should be snow by dark and then pound away until perhaps after dawn Sat. Some snow bands in this setup and extreme dynamic environment can approach 3-4"/hour, so if anything I may be underdone in some areas. Ratios will also become more and more helpful as the night goes on and the column cools rapidly. Many of us could approach 15-1 as the heaviest bands pivot through.

Get ready for one insane day and night tomorrow, guys.

I better not lose power with this storm. Ever since Sandy, my power hasn't been the same. I almost lost power with the thunderstorms last week.

I live in and work in park slope brooklyn I work for con Edison i am a splicer so i know this area is underground the only time you might see any outages with storms like these are to over head powerlines, but when the snow starts to melt you will see smoking manholes because the salt from the slat trucks brakes down the insulation of the unground cables thats when people with undground service can see a interuption in service

Srefs kinda look to me like they went east a bit and not as amped up. I know I know, still good....but towards the lower end of what everyone is thinking.

My expectation are this is gonna be a slightly east event of what 12/19/09 was maybe by 30 miles...that pretty much puts NYC metro in amounts around 7-10 inches and the amounts of 12-14+ mainly Suffolk county.  We'll see, sometimes these CCBs are a bit west of where they are modeled but I think that there will be some modestly annoyed folk in here tomorrow night as Islip is being plastered and LGA/JFK are doing well but not necessarily going 3 inches an hour.

My expectation are this is gonna be a slightly east event of what 12/19/09 was maybe by 30 miles...that pretty much puts NYC metro in amounts around 7-10 inches and the amounts of 12-14+ mainly Suffolk county.  We'll see, sometimes these CCBs are a bit west of where they are modeled but I think that there will be some modestly annoyed folk in here tomorrow night as Islip is being plastered and LGA/JFK are doing well but not necessarily going 3 inches an hour.

if thats the case a lot of forecasts are going to bust. I see what you're saying I just dont see how that happens based on the info we have right now. It is obviously possible though.

Archived