SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya when I signed off you guys were still sleeting. Can't believe you ended up with a foot, simply incredible.

All happened here since 9pm.  I had .7 this morning.  Its still snowing but I just measured bc I'm tired.  I have 12.2 of new snow for a total of 12.9 so far.  I will end up with 13.5 or 14" which is incredible consering how this played out.

Ya when I signed off you guys were still sleeting. Can't believe you ended up with a foot, simply incredible.

I never thought my original call of 12"+ for Long Island would prevail after all the mixing, and the who knows how crazy totals in northern Suffolk we'll be seeing tomorrow. This will be one of the craziest north-south snow gradients ever for Long Island. Even though we got a foot, the north shore likely doubled that most places.

I never thought my original call of 12"+ for Long Island would prevail after all the mixing, and the who knows how crazy totals in northern Suffolk we'll be seeing tomorrow. This will be one of the craziest north-south snow gradients ever for Long Island. Even though we got a foot, the north shore likely doubled that most places.

Yep, we probably will end up with 25-27 inches here, but I seriously think northern LI probably got 30+

Also cars stuck on the highway? wow 1978 all over again

Yep, we probably will end up with 25-27 inches here, but I seriously think northern LI probably got 30+

Also cars stuck on the highway? wow 1978 all over again

Just been watching out my window out here and I gotta be close or over 30" my cars look like just snow piles, crazy!

Took these couple videos during that crazy band that came through.  The snow was so pretty especially with the lack of wind.

Great stuff!  Is that Lipmann Drive you're on, looking over towars Passion Puddle?  Spent a lot of time around there, as I used to play disc golf 3-4 days a week over on Cook in the 80s - was one of the early membes of the PDGA (Professional disc golf association).  My username refers to my 3 degree years at RU (chem eng'g). 

Just measured. Depths in my side yard were between 11 and 13" across the board, and considering that's the depth and not the 6-hour measurement rule, I was able to barely exceed a foot! What a comeback.

Right in line with me. Now im going to bed. Maybe see a half an inch more. 13.8 right now.

Archived